By Smart Go, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartGo Kifu transforms your iPad into a Go board with a library of 87,000 professional game records and 2,000 problems. Study master games, solve problems, explore joseki, play against the computer, and record you own games.
- 87,000 professional games
- 2,000 Go problems on the go
- 30 annotated games (in English)
- Joseki and fuseki analysis
- Tree view for easy navigation
- Record your own games
- Import and export games
- Use as a Go board for two human players
- Replay games and explore alternate sequences
- Annotate moves, edit game info
- Guess Next Move
- Tutorial with over 100 problems
- Strong game engine
- Fast response (adjustable)
- Automatic handicap adjustment on 9x9, 11x11, 13x13
- Manual choice of handicap and board size up to 19x19
- Track level per user
- Computer resigns when too far behind (can be turned off)
- Territory estimator
SmartGo Kifu is designed as a versatile tool for Go players who want to study professional games, practice Go problems, record their games, as well as play against the computer. If you're new to Go or just want a quick and challenging game against the computer, please check out our popular SmartGo Player app.
Go is also known as igo (囲碁), wéiqí (围棋), or baduk (바둑).
What's New in Version 4.2
Update to newest GoGoD collection of 87,000 pro games.
Improve search for games, e.g. “Sedol 2010-2016” now works.
Fix issue with entering moves along the left edge of the board.
Excellent -- worth the 20 bucks.
While I'm only a club level player (5k), I've begun taking the game more seriously. Since I play on KGS, I typically use cgoban3 to review my SGF games locally, make edits, etc. Since KGS doesn't have an iPhone app, I have been using my IGS/Pandanet account. I wanted a way to review these games on my phone, and this was the literally the only app available in AppStore that offered this functionality. I decided to take a chance and spend the $20. I'm not at all disappointed; clearly a lot of work went into this app, and it does everything I hoped as well as having some extras that are nice..... such as tsumego, annotated games, and an impressive library of pro games.
If you play go seriously -- or even casually, but with the hope of getting better -- this is an awesome study tool for your mobile device. The ONLY thing I wish it had is a score estimator. It guesses territory, but not score. Still, it's a great app, and in English rather than Japanese. Thanks guys.
Please add 60 games played by "Master".
First, thanks for doing this for Go fans. We are looking for games played by Master. Annotated games are appreciated.
If you love Go this app is a must have!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 21, 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Smart Go, Inc.
- © 2010 Smart Go, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.