By Smart Go, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartGo Kifu transforms your iPad into a Go board with a library of 82,000 professional game records and 2,000 problems. Study master games, solve problems, explore joseki, play against the computer, and record you own games.
- 82,000 professional games
- 2,000 Go problems on the go
- 30 annotated games (in English)
- Joseki and fuseki analysis
- Tree view for easy navigation
- Record your own games
- Import and export games
- Use as a Go board for two human players
- Replay games and explore alternate sequences
- Annotate moves, edit game info
- Guess Next Move
- Tutorial with over 100 problems
- Strong game engine
- Fast response (adjustable)
- Automatic handicap adjustment on 9x9, 11x11, 13x13
- Manual choice of handicap and board size up to 19x19
- Track level per user
- Computer resigns when too far behind (can be turned off)
- Territory estimator
SmartGo Kifu is designed as a versatile tool for Go players who want to study professional games, practice Go problems, record their games, as well as play against the computer. If you're new to Go or just want a quick and challenging game against the computer, please check out our popular SmartGo Player app.
Go is also known as igo (囲碁), wéiqí (围棋), or baduk (바둑).
What's New in Version 3.6.2
Fix sorting list of players.
Really good. But not quite "perfect"
I struggled for a long time before letting go of the $20 for it. But in comparison to other offerings I felt smart go kifu offered the most.
It has a nice interface and is very usable even on an iPhone which is not always the case with go apps. There are a wealth of problems, annotated games, and pro games. And if that isn't enough you can easily import more.
The one thing I wish it had was some concept of shared storage. Most importantly to sync problems and games between an iPhone and an iPad. The only option is to manually export and import which is kind of lame. Shared storage would also make it easier to import games that you already have from other sources rather than one by one sharing and importing.
I also wish there was a little more customization with the "my games" area. Any game you import goes into that area so it is a bit of a misnomer.
Best ago App
I was a huge fan of the old Smart Go app, this seems to be the newer version (had hears ago on iPod). Love all the problems and researching old games!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 32.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Smart Go, Inc.
- © 2010 Smart Go, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.