SmartPlayer - Music Player and Scrobbler for Last.fm
By Shad Deen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Clean, fresh and elegant music player and flawless Last.fm scrobbler with background scrobbling and cacheing.
See what users are #NowPlaying around the world at smartplayerapp.com/nowplaying
- Stunning and clean user interface
- Fully compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in both portrait and landscape in all areas of the app
- Flawless isolated scrobbles: Use SmartPlayer on as many devices as you want and it won't interfere with scrobbling activity between devices. All scrobbles are contained within the app on each device
- Offline scrobbling, never miss a scrobble! Any scrobbles that are made offline are stored into an offline cache which you can scrobble later
- Updates your 'Now Playing' status on Last.fm in real-time.
- View your Last.fm profile summary in settings
- WiFi-only data mode
- Mode to force all scrobbles into offline cache
- Intuitive gesture-based music controls
- Integrated social features and 'Love' tracks on Last.fm
- 100% synced with your Device music library
- Fully compatible with iTunes Match
- 'Show All Music' switch for iTunes Match
- Instantly create quick playlists by swiping tracks and albums
- Artwork backgrounds blurred to perfection
- Play counts (as well as other data) are automatically updated.
- Uses your device's equalisers and gapless playback settings
Remember: If it doesn't scrobble it doesn't count!
If you're experiencing any problems at all simply contact me shaddeen.com/contact/SmartPlayer. There's no way for me to contact you about the issues you're having if you simply leave a bad review.
What's New in Version 4.1.6
This update fixes scrobbling issues experienced by non-iPhone 6/+ users on iOS 8.
Sorry for the delay x
Superb Alternative to the iTunes Player!
I don't think there is another IOS music player that comes anywhere near the excellent package of intuitive gestural controls, stunning visual elegance and crisp functionality of Shad Deen's "SmartPlayer". I have a very large collection of music (ripped from CDs in Apple Lossless format) and much of it is available via my iPad and iPods through iTunes Match. The SmartPlayer makes it a breeze to find any particular selection I want to hear - and it makes aimless browsing fun, too. Sound quality is excellent - and the displays of album artwork are gorgeous. I have yet to try "scrobbling" with it, since I need to check with our county's sheriff and make sure it's legal for a senior citizen to do that in our part of southern Illinois. I will post a follow-up if the sheriff says I can give it a try without getting arrested! ;>)
Best player on the App Store
This is a beautiful alternative to the vanilla iPhone player - easy on the eyes and all-around classy looking, but more importantly sensible about the listening experience and respectful of the user's preferences.
Gone are the stock player's weird album queuing and (if you wish) iTunes' bad and sometimes wrong artist portraits. Gone too is the store link, nor will this app nag you for reviews or social networking foolishness. A toggle for use of the Album Artist field also comes in handy, and there's an orientation lock independent of the main iOS lock.
Last but not least, it's stable and reliable.
Do be careful with the invisible volume slider, which can be maxed out by mistake if you fumble opening the Control Center or forget to lock your phone while dozing off.
Great, Simple Player
The default iOS player had just become so complicated and poorly designed that this is a great alternative. There are a few changes I'd like to see (tap on timeline to skip to that point) but it is immeasurably better than the stock player.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1.6
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shad DEEN
- © 2014 Shad Deen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.