Keep up with Smithsonian Channel's original series and documentaries, and explore our vast video library with our award-winning universal iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch app. A Webby Award winner and SXSW Interactive Award nominee, this app introduces a brand new way to watch, find, and explore over 1,000 short videos and free full episodes. It also allows you to personalize your own version of the channel by selecting your favorite topics. Here, discovery is at your fingertips, and curiosity is rewarded. And with constant additions to our library, you're guaranteed to find something new every time you open this app.
If you're having technical difficulties, email email@example.com to get in touch with our team.
- NEW: Resume Watching - easily pick up your previously watched videos from where you left off
- Chromecast support
- Picture in Picture support
- Search and Core Spotlight Integration
- CloudKit Synchronization
- Apple Watch App for iPhone
- A new vibrant and intuitive design to enhance user experience
- Thousands of free videos
- Rotating selection of free full episodes
- Quick Picks section that individually selects videos for you based on your interests
- Artifacts quiz section where you can put your knowledge to the test (iPhone)
- Smithsonian Channel "Video of the Day" widget you can add to your device’s Today View
- "Skip back" button that allows users to instantly rewind any video 15 seconds at a time.
- New curated playlists, debuted weekly
- Smart auto-play mode to continuously play related videos
- Ability to favorite videos
- Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing capabilities
- AirPlay integration
- Channel Finder to check on-air availability
- Notifications for new and featured content
- On-air schedule
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
How about full access???
Too many clips. I would pay a monthly fee just to have access to the full shows..
No ads no blocked access
No ads geez ...... just teach us with No limited access
Full Access please!
I’d really like the option to have access to all the full episodes and series that one would find on the Smithsonian channel on tv! I recently purchased the Smithsonian Earth app thinking I would get that yet was slightly disappointed. Xfinity doesn’t offer the channel in my area and Natgeo has gone down in quality in my opinion so I was looking forward to being able to access the content here on the app but see that it isn’t an option. Please make that a option for us who want full access to ALL of what Smithsonian channel has to offer! I don’t do cable so having the option to access everything would be great! I’d pay for it. Hope y’all make this happen ASAP!
- Smithsonian Networks Inc.
- 74.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2010-2018 SNI L.L.C. All Rights reserved. Smithsonian Channel is a trademark of Smithsonian Institution.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.