SnipNotes is your always accessible notebook for macOS, iOS and Apple Watch. Quickly save notes right from your menu bar, the notification center widget and with keyboard shortcuts. Turn your notes into action: Call phone numbers, create calendar events or lookup flight numbers. Stay organized with categories, sorting options and search functionality. Your notes are also available offline.
-- Create --
• Add your own text and image notes
• Save text and images from websites or other apps with the share extension
• Create new notes right from the menu bar
• Quickly capture selected text or the contents of your clipboard with customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Use Drag & Drop to import text and images from other apps into SnipNotes
-- Use --
• Use your notes for quick actions: Call phone numbers, create calendar events, look up flight numbers and more
• Access your notes from the today widget: Copy notes into the clipboard, create new notes from your clipboard and use actions
• Drag notes and images onto the desktop or into other apps
-- Organize --
• Stay on top of your notes with custom categories and an archive for completed notes
• Search through your notes. Matches will be highlighted automatically
• Pin notes to the top of your list
• Select multiple notes and move them into other categories, export or delete them in one go
• Recover deleted notes from the built-in trash
-- Customize --
• Format your notes with lists, colors, headlines and more. SnipNotes also supports markdown (input, import and export)
• Select custom icons for your notes and categories
• Choose between a variety of color schemes
• Turn the lights off with a dark mode, which can automatically adapt to your system appearance
-- Connect --
• Synchronize your notes between macOS, iOS and Apple Watch
• Quickly open notes on another device with Handoff
• Access your notes offline, including on Apple Watch
SnipNotes is a premium app without any ads, subscriptions or in-app purchases. Synchronization of your notes takes place through your private iCloud account.
Notes can currently only contain text or one image as well as a title. Mixed text and image notes are scheduled for an upcoming update.
You can find more information about the app on www.snipnotes.de. If you have any questions or issues, I would be happy to help you via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
This update fixes a crash issue on macOS El Capitan and macOS Sierra.
What's New in SnipNotes 1.5.2:
• Notes will now appear in your Spotlight search results and can be opened directly. A Spotlight preview will be added soon. This functionality requires macOS High Sierra or newer
• Added a new note and category symbol: locomotive
• Fixed an issue where pasted text in the menubar app would be unreadable
• Resolved a performance issue when searching through lots of notes
• Weblinks with 'http' could not be opened
• Fixed several minor UI issues
Thank you for using SnipNotes! If you like the app, please help support future updates with a rating on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite Notes app
I love SnipNotes and use it on all my devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple watch. Anything I need to capture (thoughts, web pages, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) goes into the SnipNotes inbox until I have time to act on it, and it’s immediately available everywhere so it also works as a clipboard manager. Notes with an address automatically get an embedded map and clicking on a phone number brings up FaceTime. The new text formatting feature makes long notes and lists easy to read. The developer is constantly making enhancements and provides great support.
The best note taker I have used
The new version make SnipNotes the best notetaker I usse, including Bear, Notebooks, Evernote. I use it to make notes on dozens of books that are latter used for Book Reviews.
Reliable and consstantly improving
I am using Snipnotes regularly for more than a year for research and writing book reviews. It is reliable and offers one of the best platforms to keep your clipped and another type of notes among all my devises, including the Apple Watch.
There are regular updates and improvements. The iPhone/iPad Apps sync with iCloud is fast and flawless. I got immediate replies from the developer to suggestions implemented in further updates
I strongly recommend this app for anyone that needs to have a reliable and stable note taker and note organizer. The price is reasonable for what you get
If you take notes on things while at your computer, download this app.
I’ve tried nearly every notetaking app you can think of. Menubar versions, full apps, Chrome extensions, etc. SnipNotes quietly slits each of those apps’ throats, and the apps in their final moments do nothing, like lambs, silent at the slaughter. Great sync across devices, conveniently in menu bar, and the intelligent notetaking makes addresses, etc., even more intuitive to work with. Love it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.