Buy the Sobotta Anatomy App to gain access to around 1,600 anatomical figures for medical school training and testing. Try the apps two review and test approaches to see which works for you. After trying out the free basic version on the app you can purchase either the entire content or choose subchapters applicable to your medical specialization.
The Sobotta App enables you to hone, review and test your anatomy knowledge on the go so that you are prepared, not only for your anatomy tests and exams but also in practice. In recent years over 800,000 users have successfully studied university-level Anatomy using the Sobotta App.
Thanks to the constant feedback of existing and new users we have been able to develop the app further adding new features and optimizing existing ones. Together we have built one of the world’s leading medical apps with predominantly five star ratings. Your input drives us to get even better at helping our users achieve their goals.
The Sobotta Anatomy App, based on over 100 years of precision anatomical publishing knowledge, is the easiest and most enjoyable way to learn anatomy and test your skills. It is an anatomically-detailed app with over 25,000 precisely placed pins covering the complete human body:
- General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System
- Internal Organs
- Head, Neck and Neuroanatomy.
The Sobotta Anatomy App ranks among the best mobile anatomy atlas and training apps for the iPhone and iPad on the market today! It enables you constantly improve your knowledge in more than one way by allowing you to actively choose between two different study approaches:
- The Classical Method: Study each figure step-by-step
- The Elsevier Method: Choose the opportunity to cyclically repeat key terminology you find difficult or hard to remember in order to increase knowledge intake
KNOWLEDGE IN ANATOMY
The Sobotta Anatomy App is a learning-designed anatomy atlas that was developed and tested in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Jens Waschke and Prof. Dr. Friedrich Paulsen, two professors of human anatomy. Prof. Dr. Jens Waschke is MD Professor and Head of Department of Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) in Munich and Prof. Dr. Friedrich Paulsen is Head Department Anatomy II at the Friedrich-Alexander-University in Erlangen.
• In App purchase of entire content (around 1.600 figures) or anatomic subsets
• Unmatchable image and zoom quality
• Pop-up clinical remarks and legends
• Search (key words or plate numbers)
• Use anywhere and choose between two training modes: classical step-by-step learning or via repetition using the Elsevier method
• Create customized training lists
• The content is available to you in 3 language combinations within your app: English/English, English/Latin, German/Latin
• International anatomic standard terminology - Terminologia Anatomica
• Buy once and use your purchase on up to 3 mobile devices.
• Created for iPad and iPhone.
We want to know what you think. Write an app review or send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have technical or feature problems please send the details of the problem along with the device and OS you use to the above mentioned email as well.
- Improved stability
- Security updates
- Fixed content displaying issues
Ratings and Reviews
Stunning visuals, highly functional app
This atlas is one of the most functional and visually stunning atlases on the App Store today. The high resolution images are extremely detailed and well thought out to display human anatomy at it's finest. The quiz functionality is also phenomenal as well. Both the iPad and the iPhone versions work beautifully well in day to day use, with a UI that makes it easy to navigate the atlas without getting in the way. A few quirks that will hopefully get fixed in future updates are as follows:
-Split screen mode on iPad has a tendency to mess up its formatting after continued use. Thumbnails will appear small and usually require closing out of the app to be restored
-There is a sync functionality to sync bookmarks between multiple versions of the app that, unfortunately, crashes the app when used
-Switching back to the app sometimes brings up a loading screen that requires reselecting the current plate
Overall, this app is incredibly well polished and deserves your consideration. There is a free version of this app on the App Store that has the same functionality just with fewer plates if you want to give the app a test drive. You can also download individual chapters in the free app for $9.99 if you don't need the full atlas.
All images included. Great app
It's a great app. I confess I struggled with the interface at first, but it has all the images in good res, and it's easy to toggle flashcard mode, so great for studying. Hghly recommended
HQ tables, it's a must have app for every medical student
- Elsevier GmbH
- 756.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Elsevier 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.