The Social Adventures App provides clinicians, teachers and parents with a treasure trove of activity descriptions for teaching social skills and friendship. Children ages 3-13 with social needs such as those associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, NLD, Sensory Processing Disorders and social anxiety will gain confidence and success in navigating the rough waters of relationships.
Designed as a self-contained resource for running social cognition groups, each activity within the Social Adventures App can be used to augment other approaches. Developed and used over the course of 15 years by a team of SLP’s, OT’s and MSW’s, the Social Adventures App combines the discrete teaching of Social Catch Phrases with fundamental social skills using an engaging multi-disciplinary, multi-sensory approach to mastery.
Use the Social Adventures App to teach:
- Initiating interactions
- Maintaining interactions
- Advocating and negotiating
- Getting regulated
- Interpreting nonverbals
- Negotiating personal space
- Experiencing humor
IMAGINE! Social success for all children!
- Over 80 activities included to be used in groups, classrooms, play dates, and everywhere!
- Clear step by step instructions with separate parent tips section
- Social catch phrases that are easily generalized for use anywhere
- Kid-friendly and memorable visuals designed to be used for role play or cue cards
- Sample 8-week program to get started
- 3 additional 8 week collaborative generalization activities
- "What's in My Bag?" game included adorable graphics to reinforce social cognition and peer interaction
- direct links to iTunes to purchase other apps recommended for teaching social skills addressed in the Social Adventures App
But all of this is just the beginning. We have designed this app as an expandable platform upon which we can continue to provide new content. A collaborative and comprehensive resource of this size would cost at least $60.00 in book form and lack the flexibility of the Social Adventures App. Be sure to subscribe to all4mychild.com for updates and information on in-app purchases (e.g., new games and tools). We look forward to hearing your stories and feedback. Please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not what I was expecting. Thought it would be an interactive app that pulls the child through scenarios... Nope, the parents have to come up with all the scenarios on their own, I'm not good at that. It is basically directions in how to role play with your child, without providing ideas for scenarios... Definitely not worth the $19
Social Adventure- Is that all there is?
If that's all there is, then let's keep dancing.
After reading several rave reviews, and paying a fairly stiff price, I expected more than a tease. This app is more of a brief pamphlet on social tips that doesn't make use of the iPad interactive potential. I liked the bag game, but the rest came up short of my expectations.
So well done!
We use this wonderful app to support our school-wide social skills curriculum. as an administrator I love it's ease of use and comprehensive offerings. My teachers love the organization and great teaching ideas. Well worth the price!! Highly recommend!
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 all4mychild
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.