Socialist - The Smartest List & Organization App
By The BKRY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Socialist syncs with Foursquare and automatically adds details about the items that you add from your favorite services like Yelp, Foursquare, IMDB, and more (see below). We import movie trailers, maps, music, film and TV meta-data.
A Social Network for the Obsessively Organized
Interactive, predictive and enchantingly social. Socialist is the new app for iOS 8 that helps you create, collaborate and share lists all in one place. Socialist takes lists beyond the simple line of text. We import data from other services to make your lists interesting and actionable. Socialist adds details about the items that you add from your favorite services like Yelp, Foursquare, IMDB, and more (see below). We import movie trailers, maps, music, film and TV meta-data.
- Build lists of your favorite things.
- Add, update, and reorder items in your Lists.
- Add photos to items in your List.
- Personalize your List with a Cover Photo.
- Simple gesture-based design allows you to easily keep track of items you’ve completed.
- Check out some of the best lists ever created from your favorite tastemakers.
- Socialist pulls in information about Movies, TV, Music, and Places. You’ll never need to leave the app.
- Quickly see reviews from Yelp and Foursquare.
- Google Maps and Apple Maps integration built right in.
- For movies and TV, watch the trailer, read the synopsis, and check out information about the director and cast.
- We check Amazon, iTunes, Netflix, and Hulu to see where you can watch a movie or TV show.
- Got a list of your favorite songs or artists? We check Spotify, Rdio, Grooveshark, iTunes, and Amazon to see where you listen.
- Invite friends to collaborate.
- Add as many collaborators to a List as you want to make your Lists even better.
- Share lists and items easily on Facebook, Twitter, via -SMS/iMessage or Email.
- Import your favorite lists from Foursquare
- 2-Way syncing support for your Foursquare Lists
**Plus** Dreamy awesome design made just for iOS7.
**And** Cool domain name: http://sociali.st (That’s a feature, right?)
**Movie / TV Integrations**
Amazon (Products and Wishlist)
-Make a list of your favorite brunch spots. Then make reservations, share and collaborate all from within the app.
-Make a list of all the awesome hotels you want to stay in when you’re a grown up.
-Socialist Imports location and venue reviews from Foursquare and Yelp… Then it helps you make reservations!
-Socialist Imports Film/TV/Music meta-data... Then it allows you to launch Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, iTunes, Spotify, Rdio or Grooveshark!
-Trying to organize a brunch? Build a list of your friends! Swipe right if they flake. Swipe left to delete them forrrreeevvveeerrrr. (We go to brunch a lot here in NYC. It’s like, a thing.)
-Make a list that we “Small Brains” at The BKRY have never even thought of.
-Make a list of all the friends you would take if you went into the Peruvian Jungle and did Ayahuasca for 12 days.
-Use this app for purposes it wasn’t intended.
-Put your phone down and go outside.
-See how long you can do that for.
-Oh. I see you’re back. Make a list about flowers and puppies (That’s what’s outside right?)
Tell us about other integrations you’d like to see in the reviews section.
Made in NYC and Rotterdam by The BKRY, Awkward & Object Lateral using technology!
What's New in Version 1.0.6
- Fixes a bug causing new users not being able to signup with Twitter or Facebook
- We now drop you into My Lists again
This app is really cool in theory, but in practice I was really unimpressed. First it had trouble actually keeping my lists consistent on the device, at some points it would show the wrong items. Secondly, I had so much trouble trying to use their social features! For some reason the public feed is always empty, even though it's supposed to be everyone on the app. The app is called Social List, and both parts were really broken. Last but not least, it's very hard to use. The interactions are in the wrong places, and don't make sense. Trying to use this day to day left me more frustrated than satisfied, and I really, really wanted to like it.
The data is out of whack
I keep trying to load my lists, and they don't seem to load right. I also go to my friends profiles, and it isn't showing me the right information.
Still still buggy
I like the idea, but the execution seems off. I have a lot of trouble getting around the app, and finding out things people are doing.