Sociology Spotlight is a must-have app for all Sociologists brought to you by Wiley-Blackwell.
This exciting new app gives you the following community features at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime -
• Latest information on key Sociology conferences and latest conference tweets
• Latest abstracts for Sociology articles and books, including the ability to ‘follow’ your favorite publications
• Latest news in and around the discipline from Sociology Lens
• Latest Special Issues, including free articles
• Latest Video Abstracts for Sociology articles
• Access to a series of Publishing Workshops, in audio and PDF format
• Customizable YouTube search tool to find educational videos
• A customizable search of scholarly literature, blogs and news articles related to Sociology
• Customizable Syllabi Search tool to find syllabi freely available on institutional websites, perfect for generating teaching ideas
• The ability to bookmark any content you see, email yourself a Reading List and share content via Facebook and Twitter
• The ability to add your own RSS feeds, allowing you to keep track of your favorite sources
This unique app shines a powerful spotlight on Sociology, enabling you to instantly read all the latest news and developments in your field. Whether you want to keep track of broad trends across the discipline or focus in on a subfield, Sociology Spotlight is an essential tool for your research and teaching.
View the video trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHq9a8oTuv4
Sample issues links are updated.
Ratings and Reviews
When I click on half of the tabs it just says “Failed to find RSS” which gives me the impression that the app is void of half of the available content. Other than that I love it, I’m glad they came out with an app for sociology.
No longer functioning
Tabs/buttons are no longer visible for navigation. All RSS feeds accessible by tapping around the blank areas blindly are disabled. This app should be removed from the App Store.
I am a sociology major. Frankly, I can't get enough of the stuff and this little app is perfect for people like me. There is something in it for everyone and I mean everyone.
Want to find a list of the latest relevant reading? It's here. Looking for a good peer reviewed article? Look no further. If you're simply looking for a quick read or some brain food to add more meaning to your day, you've come to the right place.
Thank so much for creating such a great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.