Songsterr Tabs & Chords
By Guitar Tabs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in the Wall Street Journal as one of "The Best Apps for Learning to Play Music" and as the Apple App of the Week, Songsterr gives you instant access to 500,000 high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords.
Songsterr Tabs & Chords is a subscription based app. Free version allows you to check out all the features using 15 second previews of songs. To get unlimited access to all the songs, sign up for a $4.99 per month subscription.
Users, who purchased one-time fee app in the past, automatically get the lifetime subscription free of charge.
Tabs & Chords
• Huge catalogue of 500,000 accurate tabs & chords.
• High transcription quality. There is only one version of tab per song.
• Legality. Music creators get paid.
• Realistic Guitar Engine. Learn and play along with Songsterr.
• Multiple Instruments. Most songs have tabs for individual instruments (guitar, bass, drums, vocal, etc).
• Half Speed. Slow down tab playback to learn difficult parts.
• Loop. Play back selected measures over and over again.
• Offline Mode. View and playback previously opened tabs offline. Cache size can be controlled via Settings app.
• Solo. Hear just the instrument you are learning.
• Count in. Gives you time to prepare for playing after tapping Play.
• Chromatic Tuner. Tune your guitar via mic or adaptors like iRig.
• Background Audio Support. Play along using e.g. iRig and Amplitube (make sure that "Background Audio" option is enabled in Amplitube)
• Instrument Filter. Filter out songs that don't have tab for your instrument.
• History. Instantly access tabs you viewed recently.
• Favorites. Quickly access your favorite tabs.
• Favorites Syncing. Sign in with your songsterr.com account to synchronize favorites with website.
• Tags. Browse tabs by popular tags (Rock, Metal, Blues, Jazz, etc).
• Universal. iPad and iPhone. One app, two platforms, one subscription.
Your Songsterr subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Please go to http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/privacy and http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/terms for more information.
What's New in Version 2.21
Fix crash for iOS 7.0.x on 4-inch iPhone and iPod devices
Great Library, Needs More Practice Tools.
First, I'm seeing a lot of one star reviews due to the fact that there is a monthly subscription of five dollars. I've (tried to) navigate other guitar apps and websites, and to be able to find an accurate, well tabbed song without a horrible interface due to intrusive advertising is well worth it. I'm satisfied with the subscription, so long as the app is continuously supported. We'll see if the below is improved on to keep me a customer:
The library is expansive and I've been able to find accurate tabs for pretty much every song I throw at it. The all is simple to navigate and allows you to do what you want without much hassle when t comes to finding, selecting, and playing back a song with various options such as half speed and custom section repeat. The count in option was not well thought out as the count in tempo does not match the song's tempo. The playback speed is limited to full and half speed, so you're limited to practicing at the speed you'd like.
Otherwise, I'd give a definite recommendation to anyone looking for a great and fun practice tool.
Great learning tool
Starting from absolutely nothing, I've learned so much by using this app and its sister website. It's tablature using rhythmic values and each staff line represents a different string. Very easy for beginners to pick up and even seasoned players can learn things too. You can listen to each track, slow down the song, repeat a section for practicing, and a lot more I can't think of. It took a lot of the mystery and mental blockage out of learning the guitar and bass. It's fantastic.
Great go-to rehearsal tool!
As a bass player in two working cover bands, it's great to have a tool like this that not only shows bass lines, but is switchable to guitar lines as well. It gets me on board, and easily gets my guitarist on board too. Plus, with the view switching between "tab" and "chords", you can now see the cadence of the song at a glance, and even follow the words. Forget all these internet tabs put together by some basement-fapping foreign teenager. This app gets it right the first time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 30, 2015
- Version: 2.21
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Guitar Tabs LLC
- © 2015 Songsterr
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Songsterr Subscription$4.99