Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. Use Soulver to play around with numbers, do "back of the envelope" calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
Annotate your numbers with words, so that they make sense to you. Soulver picks out the numbers and calculates your answer as you type. Do calculations over multiple lines, and refer to previous lines, much like a spreadsheet.
Soulver is great for adding things up, doing all kinds of percentages easily, and converting things, like currencies. It's quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator.
- A text editor for working stuff out & doing quick calculations.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages ("$120 - 10%", "30 as a % of 200")
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions ("10 USD in Euros, "22 feet in meters")
- Do calculations with stocks ("100 AAPL")
- Refer to previous lines using tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions.
- Support for calculations in binary & hex.
- Save your work & share it with the iPhone & iPad versions of Soulver.
- Export into PDF & HTML emailing.
- Support for Resume & Versions on Mac OS 10.7 Lion
2010 Mac Gem - MacWorld 4/5 Mice
2010 Mac OS X Ars Design Award: Runner up
“It reinvents the calculator, and in that process, I believe Acqualia have come up with a real piece of genius.” AppStorm
“Without a doubt the best digital calculator on the Apple platform.” SmokingApples
– Fixed an issue that occurred in the previous version related to printing & PDF exporting not working correctly.
– The answer column is now wider in PDF/styled email exports.
– Switched to CurrencyLayer for all currency + bitcoin rates.
– Added support for stocks that include a colon in their ticker symbol.
– Fixed an issue with the reference sheet.
Ratings and Reviews
This "calculator" is amazing, I can't believe I waited so long to buy the Mac version
I've had Soulver on my phone for a couple of years and I enjoyed it. But I spend most of my calculating and planning time on the computer. I've used Calca since it came out. It's an amazing app as well and since I had Calca, I thought there was no need for Soulver on my Mac.
Big mistake. Since buying Soulver a couple of weeks ago, I've used it daily and run many calculations I hadn't tried before with Calca. I really think people should buy both, but if you can only buy one, I think people will be better served with Calca.
The only thing Calca's missing is Dark Mode and the dev has said it's coming.
Very nearly perfect. I’d love to see a ‘draw a line under this’ feature so I could kind of checkpoint the running total figure at a certain stage and then start fresh on the next line. I tend to use this as an always-open scratchpad which I can refer back to during the day; unfortunately having a single running total number doesn’t make sense in that use case since my calculations are not related. I don’t really want multiple windows open since I just want to get in it quickly.
My go-to calculator
On macOS and iOS, I always reach for Soulver before any other calculator app, and almost always instead of opening a spreadsheet. Another reviewer described it as "Mathmatica lite" which is just about perfect. I might also say Like a Jupyter Notebook for basic arithmetic — although that might even be selling it a little short. Let's just say it's truly great and very handy and I rarely find myself wanting to use anything else when it comes to juggling numbers.
- Acqualia Software
- 4.8 MB
- OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Acqualia Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.