Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about — open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! It's been called pure magic — and with 300M+ downloads and billions of songs discovered — we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with the app using your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, activate the orange button, and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify account to listen, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics using LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player. This is your music journey.
Curious to know more? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune, and we’ll do the rest!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• Use the Apple Watch app to quickly identify music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular-enabled Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
• Listen to songs and view lyrics in our free, built-in YouTube player
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
App Navigation: ‘OK Hound… Show me my discoveries’
Help/Questions: ‘OK Hound… Show me what I can say’
Music Discovery: ‘OK Hound… What’s that song?’
Song Playback: ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
Lyrics Search: ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the Hill’
Top Charts: ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Play my Discover weekly playlist on Spotify’
Add to Spotify Playlist (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Add this song to my playlist’
CONNECT AND SHARE
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics
• Keep all of your discoveries synced across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services, and email!
SoundHound is powered by Houndify, an independent voice-enabled AI platform that enables natural, conversational intelligences on any product.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Falling short. I used to use this app all the time, when one day, I was streaming xm on my phone, heard a song I wanted to remember for later, I go to open the sound hound app and the music stops, ok, I go back to xm, hit play, go back to sound hound and the music stops again. It used to listen or scan what you were listening to and save it in your history.... and suddenly it stopped doing that.
Now, I try to scan a song I’m listening to in my house (my house WiFi is 400mps) and I’m told by I have bad connection... I snap, I do a speed test of my WiFi to get 390 reading.... this app has become garbage. And in the garbage it will go ✌️
The older I get, the more I want to remember old songs. Not because they are old, but because there is some phrase, some idea that I want to remember how it was precisely sung. This app has been my ‘go to’ when I need to hear those lyrics and tunes again or identify a new song I want to know. It’s the displayed lyrics that separates this app from others and that it’s always upgraded to keep up with competitive app’s. This one is great and very reliable. Why change?
Amazingly Useful Music Resource
Versatile music utility that adds so much to listening to music. Mostly I use it for identifying tunes and for the amazing scrolling realtime lyrics! But, it's ability to cross between music services and lookup and link other resources about a song or artist I'm interested makes this a go to app for me. Thanks to the developers for years of behind the scenes upgrades and improvements too! This one is worth paying for.
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 93 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.