Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about — open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! It's been called pure magic — and with 300M+ downloads and billions of songs discovered — we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with the app using your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, activate the orange button, and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify account to listen, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics using LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player. This is your music journey.
Curious to know more? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune, and we’ll do the rest!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• Use the Apple Watch app to quickly identify music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular-enabled Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
• Listen to songs and view lyrics in our free, built-in YouTube player
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
App Navigation: ‘OK Hound… Show me my discoveries’
Help/Questions: ‘OK Hound… Show me what I can say’
Music Discovery: ‘OK Hound… What’s that song?’
Song Playback: ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
Lyrics Search: ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the Hill’
Top Charts: ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Play my Discover weekly playlist on Spotify’
Add to Spotify Playlist (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Add this song to my playlist’
CONNECT AND SHARE
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics
• Keep all of your discoveries synced across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services, and email!
Upgrade to SoundHound∞ for an ad-free experience: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
SoundHound is powered by Houndify, an independent voice-enabled AI platform that enables natural, conversational intelligences on any product.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
❤️❤️❤️❤️ LOVE SOUNDHOUND!
LOVE this app. I use it all the time both for trying to remember a song I knew but forgot the artist or a new song that catches my ear. I have been a SoundHound users since what feels like the beginning. They have proven to be consistent and reliable. Which is quick and accurate results. One of the main reasons I love SoundHound is for the feature that no other app features. Which is live lyrics! That is by far one of the coolest most useful things about SoundHound! Being able to sing along (rather badly) with either a fav song or even a new song im obsessed with learning the lyrics to, the app is there for me :). SoundHound I felt has always tried to give the user what they want. Realizing its difficult to please everyone, I for one have been a very happy and satisfied customer since its launch. I tried the "other" guys and they were just too commercial for me. SoundHound was the right balance of finding new music without pushing the sales-y part of the music industry onto me. I love it for its accuracy, its fast results, and giving me MORE if I chose to know more. Its all there. Keep up the good work guys!
Thank you for your review! Happy to hear you've enjoyed using SoundHound. If you have any additional feedback to share in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!
I Agree With Schimmityweb . . .
I totally agree with Schimmityweb Dude!!! Because for sometime now it seems they play this game of keeping up with the latest app features causing customers the one to ( PAY )for it (the Proverbial sense of paying for it). I’ve been with this app since nearly the beginning if not, and I have over the years written support regarding the change that has taken place with regards to lyrics. Especially when that was a feature that heavily touted when the app first started up. And that feature in itself was one of the main reason I signed up and have tried to maintain loyalty to the app / SoundHound. But I guess the loyalty aspect is only one way.
I should be loyal, but they don’t have to because there is always someone else to take my place.
A sign of the times. But is it really asking to much to have an app that delivers the title of the song and the
right lyrics as the core of the service no matter what else is enhanced or added to that service??? In my opinion the core of the service should NOT be lost because of updates or add-ons’ or enhancements.
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We truly appreciate your support over the years! Please note that providing song lyrics on track pages is still one of the focuses of SoundHound. That said, there are songs that we currently do not have lyrics for. We're constantly working to build our database, so it's possible that songs without lyrics now may have them in the future.
If you're experiencing a different issue with song lyrics, we'd appreciate if you could please send us more details at https://soundhound.com/soundhoundhelp/contact so that we can investigate further.
Thanks again for your review.
Again...another app gone commercial. Customer satisfaction no longer exists, just numbers... What once was, no longer exists... I still have this app on an Old phone. Works totally different there, like it should be working today! I forgot about this app after a couple of phones. One day, I came across it again and decided to download it. What a Mistake! I remember when no one knew about this app. I/We, would actually have to help them build their library. I would play songs, then, as per their request when the music could not be found, I would enter the information for the music! Classical, indie pop, classic jazz, oldies but goldies, underground, and on, and on... WE made this app! Now, after all OUR help building THEIR library, they give us
this horrible app. Can't just find the song and add it to your library, can't even Listen to it unless you want to Pay for more Options. What a Ripoff! Too bad WE can't have a Wiki-type music app!?!? So Sad.
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 94.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, Extra Features $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.