SoundPrism Link Edition is the newest incarnation of the award winning SoundPrism app. Link Edition integrates flawlessly into the new Ableton Link workflow with a totally redesigned sound engine that syncs with other Link enabled apps.
Play full arrangements of bass, harmony and melody with just one tap - in sync with all other Link enabled apps.
Find out more about Ableton Link and discover other compatible apps at http://ableton.com/link
* Breathtaking multi-timbral sound engine with massive polyphony and great-sounding effects. SoundPrism Link Edition's sounds are hand-crafted by Swiss sound designer Oliver Imseng to work beautifully with each other.
* Innovative and improved chord input system: effortlessly play inversions and chord progressions while focusing on your track, not on the music theory behind it.
* A ribbon controller for live manipulation of the built-in effects - all in sync with other Ableton Link enabled apps.
* New interactive tutorial system: SoundPrism walks you through its interface and teaches you how to play.
* Supports Audiobus including state saving.
* Supports Core MIDI. You can even split bass, chords and melody by routing different MIDI channels to different MIDI enabled apps or devices.
Audiobus 3 MIDI fixes on iPhone.
Ratings and Reviews
Not made for iPhone
Impossible to play single note on iPhone.
They had a button for this on sound prism pro (along with other buttons now missing) but got rid of it and used the space for the expression thing.
I thought it would've been nice to have an option between the expression or the buttons.
Sounds are there but too .... crazy but you can make it work.
Bottom line. Got an iPhone? What less features and more strange sound presets? If you have Sound prism pro don't get this.
PS. link is cool and works well thooo
If you already have soundprism pro and/or electro, save your money unless you absolutely must use link support for your workflow. There is nothing new here besides that and some weird evolving pad type presets that respond to bpm changes. Still no new play modes, still doesn't include the play modes from soundprism pro. You are limited to 3 and 4 note block chords. Unless you have an iPad that is! Because the iPad version has a chords plus Independent melody play mode making the app infinitely more useful. There is no excuse that makes sense as to butcher the iPhone version by omitting such a simple, yet highly useful feature. Don't support this developers habit of neutering their own products so they can release multiple versions and then charge you full price meanwhile you end up with three completely different versions of the same app on your phone with different strengths and weaknesses
Nice playable presets
Using Link to add effects to the sounds in the app works great. The help walks you through all aspects of how to use the app. The sound engine is high quality and if you're not sure if they're for you, wait for the reviews to come out and look/listen to the videos. While it may look similar to the other Soundprism apps, it does have different functions and sounds.
The only thing I see lacking is the ability to have control over the MIDI settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.