Space Miner: Platinum Edition
By Venan Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!
- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
- A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
- New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
- Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
- A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!
Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:
"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)
"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo
"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)
"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)
App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)
Onion AV Club: Grade A
No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"
App Spy: 5/5
Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!
- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
- Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
- Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
- New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
- Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.
Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Fixed: An issue that would prevent some space miners from accessing the final sector of the Scar's Revenge expansion, dooming them to an eternity of never knowing whether the evil General Scar succeeds in his master plan or is thwarted by the good guys.
- Fixed: A rare issue that could cause crashes or loss of save data. It was so rare, in fact, that we had to set off on an epic journey of discovery and understanding through the Space Miner codebase to find and fix it.
- Fixed: Numerous issues where certain achievements were not achievable. Unachievable achievements can now be achieved.
- Fixed: Issues related to GameCenter not tracking space miners' progress on certain achievements. Since this information is useful, and also kind of important, we decided to fix it.
I've been playing this game for years, hoping for an update, and here it is! New ship models, more levels, better display, and the sound bugs are gone. Great job by the team, and a great reason to play the game even more.
Edit:Spoke too soon about sound bugs, but this latest update fixed the game-breaking(and file erasing) crashes, the last annoying lockout in the new area, and adjusted the achievements so they're actually achievable again. Still a great game :)
This is an asteroids game with a juvenile story line (youth, not bad). The kid hits space to help out his hillbilly gramps and his fight against the evil conglomerate that's stealing his asteroid claim. The storyline is a nice embellishment to the game. There is plenty of play and the story is replay-able. There are also multiple difficulty settings. Very worth game even if you're gramps age rather than juvenile. Multiple ships and plenty of equipment options you can salvage or buy with your ore profits. Lots of play.
Love it, when's 2 coming out?
When I first picked up this game back in 2010, I didn't think much of it. But after many years with it and many hours played, I can safely say that is one of the best games I have ever played on IOS. The gameplay is great, I love the story, and the humor is awesome too. What I really want is another sequel to continue in the awesome series.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 171 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Venan Entertainment, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Venan Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.