Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! With the Spectrum TV App, you can enjoy up to 250 live TV channels and up to 30,000 On Demand TV shows and movies when you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home. Plus, when you're on the go, enjoy up to 150 live channels and up to 20,000 On Demand titles anywhere you have an internet connection. (See note on availability below.)
TURN ANY ROOM INTO A TV ROOM
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming anywhere in your home when connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network. Watch movies from your bedroom, take cooking shows with you to the kitchen or catch up with the news from your breakfast table.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
• Filter live TV by category, sort by channel number, network names or program titles and quickly recall recently watched channels.
• Create a personalized guide by setting favorite channels.
• Search by title, person or sports team anywhere in the app.
CONTROL YOUR TV and DVR
Depending on your service area and equipment, you can use your phone or tablet to:
• Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver.
• Record your favorite TV shows and movies.
• Delete and modify DVR recordings individually or by series.
• Play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
• Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to help you know which one you're scheduling recordings on (go to Settings).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
When you turn on Parental Controls and set a PIN, you can block shows by channel or rating. You'll need to turn on Parental Controls for each device your household uses, but the channel and rating blocks you set up apply across all devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
• Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package and whether or not you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home.
• A Spectrum username and password are required. If you don't have one, you can create one at www.spectrum.net/login.
• A WiFi or cellular network connection (data charges from your carrier may apply).
• Device requirements: iPhone (4S or newer), iPad (2 or newer), or iPod touch (5th gen or newer) running iOS 10 or above.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously. You can send us your feedback in Settings. If you need help, please reach out to email@example.com.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every channel available on the Spectrum TV App. Channel availability also varies by market.
• We fixed a few bugs to bring you a better TV experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Great For iOS; Bad on AppleTV
The SpectrumTV app works great on my Apple mobile devices (iPhone and iPad). Unfortunately, it is very buggy on AppleTV 4K. Why it works on iOS and not TvOS is a mystery. Sometimes there is audio and no picture when watching live TV; other times no picture or sound at all. Even when there is picture and sound, the picture breaks up. Many times there is still running audio while the picture is frozen. There are problems with buffering and freeze-ups, also. None of these issues occur while using the app on my iPhone or iPad Pro; only AppleTV. I’ve confirmed that the problem is not with my internet connection, speed, or my wireless network (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz). Also, other apps stream just fine. The fault is definitely the app only on AppleTV. I’ve even deleted and reinstalled the app on AppleTV several times with no luck. Also, my AppleTV is fully up to date. The app is totally disfunctional on AppleTV. I hope the developer looks into this and gets another update going to correct this. I cannot be the only one having this issue; and I’ve done all troubleshooting possible. As I say, the SpectrumTV app works great on iOS, just not on TvOS.
I have not encountered any issues with on-demand viewing using the SpectrumTV app on AppleTV. All the issues I am encountering seem to be concerning live TV viewing only.
Apple TV live streaming is horrible!
The app worked quite well when it was released at the beginning of the year. Live streaming worked well. Minor bugs have been quashed and the UI has been refined for the better. Unfortunately, it seems that live streaming has since gone downhill. The worst offenders are the movie channels like HBO and Showtime. They play fine for a few minutes and either the image gets pixelated, freezes with audio or it jumps back to where you started watching. Occasionally, it tunes into a black screen with audio. This does not happen when watching On Demand content. The only other bug is that when I watch On Demand content, the episode I watched will appear in the TV app even though I’ve already seen it. I then have to manually mark it as watched to remove it.
Also, the problem is not my device or internet speed because the iPhone app streams live video without any of these problems. I have the the 4th Gen Apple TV and I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app as well as restarting my Apple TV to no avail. Spectrum doesn’t seem to have a way to give the app developers feedback so I’m hoping giving them a 1-star review will get their attention and they will fix this problem because in its current condition, the app is almost useless for live streaming.
Works Perfect on Ethernet Network Connection
I have four Apple TV 4Ks and three are on gigabit Ethernet. Those three work perfectly and were the reason I switched to Spectrum Choice TV using the Spectrum App and dumped their cable TV, saving me $90 per month. There are no freezes, delays, or other issues for live TV or on-demand type viewing. Image quality is fine for my viewing (not 4K) on 65 inch plasma displays. I like the Apple menus and the Spectrum App far better than the set top box junk and the Apple remote eliminates the need for a Harmony remote, which is amazing.
The one 4K on WiFi (Apple AirPort Extreme) works okay most of the time. I have seen a few freezes and glitches with live TV on the Spectrum App, but nothing serious. Signal strength shows as max (4 dots) and is physically only 8 feet from the access point, but it’s not as rock solid as the Ethernet units.
This appears to be the way Spectrum is headed and I hope the invest in improving and enhancing the App but as it works now I’m glad to be rid of the set top cable box.
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 145.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.