Spell to Learn - The English Language Spelling and Vocabulary Trainer
By Morten Billcliff
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spell to learn English!
This is a must-have app for training and improving your English spelling, whether you are a native English speaker or not. The only requirement is that you want to learn!
Training your spelling is a great way of consolidating your knowledge, and good spelling significantly improves comprehension, communication, and speech - because once you know how a word is spelled you will avoid many mispronunciations, it will boost your confidence, and it will help you to leave a good impression on whoever you are communicating with.
For the person studying English as a second language (ESL), you will find word packs featuring the most common words in the English language, carefully researched and collated from both spoken and written sources of modern language usage. You can slowly build your vocabulary side by side with making sure that you have developed a thorough knowledge of the basics.
For native speakers, words are sorted into word packs corresponding to the expected vocabulary at the different levels of schooling, from the first words, right up to college level.
You can also choose to start by identifying your general level of spelling with our Levels demo - and from there work with the word packs which are sorted purely by spelling difficulty. Ideal for people who already have a good knowledge of English, and for people who love word and vocabulary games.
No matter who you are, what your age is, or how good you are at English - this app will have something to suit you, and will help to keep you and your English up to speed.
* Professional audio, with a native English speaker.
* Thousands of words available, sorted into levels of spelling difficulty and organised in user-friendly word packs.
* Well-researched and relevant context sentences for all words.
* Good selection of word packs, more will be added.
* Look up words and see your spelling history.
* Clear statistics showing a detailed view of your spelling.
* Quick-help screens & tutorials.
* Choice of British English or American/International English as spelling language.
* Multiple users, each with their own progress, achievements, and spelling history.
Coming soon for iPad!
What's New in Version 2.1
Fixed bug which caused erratic behaviour and occasional non-responsiveness of the selection circle.
The voice is hard to understand but it's really awesome!
This app is the best app of all times..... Mikado P. Niccolo I put my name on it
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Morten Billcliff
- © E-guide ApS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Basic Vocabulary 1$0.99
- Levels 1-5$0.99
- Basic Vocabulary 2$0.99
- Levels 11-15$0.99
- Levels 9-13$0.99
- Levels 6-10$0.99
- Levels 4-8$0.99
- I Before E$0.99
- Native Grade 9$0.99
- Native Grade 8$0.99