By MH Riley Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spending Tracker is the easiest and most user friendly Personal Finance App in the store. And best of all, it's free!
The simple fact is, by tracking your spending you will be able to stick to a budget and therefore SAVE MONEY.
So give it a try and have instant control over your spending!
*** Features ***
√ Simple and intuitive user interface
- helps you track your spending quickly and easily
√ Flexible Time Periods
- choose to track Weekly, Monthly or Yearly
√ Budget Mode
- optionally set a fixed budget amount to help you meet your spending targets
- carry over any remaining budget to the next period
√ Summary View
- overview of your current spending progress
- time travel backwards and forwards in time
- see your main areas of spending
√ Log Expense and Income
- easy and quick transaction entry
- sort by date, name or amount
- repeat transactions daily, weekly or monthly (Pro Upgrade required)
- export transactions (Pro Upgrade required)
- editable spending and income categories
- choose a quality icon for each category
- easy visualisation of where your money goes
- beautiful and interactive charts
- view spending grouped by category
- see the history of your spending
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Version 2.5.1 of Spending Tracker
This is a bug fix update for 2.5 which deals with the following known issues:
* Incorrect default transaction date when 'Hide Future Transactions' is turned on
* Incorrect dates displayed on Cash Flow chart
* Widget fonts are now easier to read and support system font size changes
New features in 2.5
* Auto Backups - automatically backup your data to Dropbox. Turn it on and define your schedule in the Settings.
* Widget - you can now enable a Today Widget for the app. This provides shortcut buttons for adding transactions, and it can optionally be customised in the Settings to show a summary.
* Reminders - schedule a regular reminder to help you remember to enter your transactions. This can be configured in the Settings.
* Local Tips - show tips from participating local venues. This feature uses your location so that it knows when you are close to the venue. It can be configured in the Settings.
* Export Options - when exporting you can now choose the ordering of the transactions and optionally include only a single category.
* Touch Id - option to use Touch Id to access the app. Existing users can enable this by turning the Passcode option Off and On again.
* 3D Touch - for devices which support 3D Touch there are now home screen shortcut items added to the app icon.
* Fix - changing time zone could cause transactions to display the wrong date
* Fix - try to prevent duplicate transactions when syncing
* Lots of little optimisations, fixes and tidy ups
Great Syncing, Easy to Use, with 2 Not-So-Great Features
I love how easy it is to use this app and I love how it easily it syncs between all of my devices!!!! But now that I have used it for 6 months (on the paid upgraded version without ads) I've come to find two big problems. The 1st is that if I change a transaction in a prior month, it doesn't automatically update my current balance. Instead, I have to go to the settings and turn on and off the 'carryover' button to have it recalculate my balance. The 2nd problem is the reoccurring transaction feature. The only way to explain it is by giving an example. If I set my gas bill in the reoccurring transactions for, let's say, $50, I have the ability to change it every month to the actual amount ($48, $54, etc.) but once I make any changes to the reoccurring transaction itself (change the end date, change the amount) it automatically resets all of my past balances to the original settings and doesn't save the changes to the monthly amount I made each month which really messes up my balances.
A huge plus about this app is the great customer service response with it!! If I have ever contacted them with concerns, they always respond promptly. That is why I gave it a 3. Love the app and hope the changes come soon to address my concerns so I don't have to switch to a different one!!!
Simple, organized, customizable and effective
For the financially organized, needing-to-get-organized, and I-don't-really-use-technology-but-this-would-help-me-track-my-budget-anyways, this is a great app. I use the free version so the ads are annoying like with any other app, but they really aren't that intrusive. I am a college student with little money to budget and not much income to track, however this app helps me do everything I need and keeps me on my simple budget. As long as I stay faithful at adding all my expenses and income, I can know exactly how much money I have to spend, and where I've spent my money, without having to check my bank account and sort through all my transactions. It's easy to use, allows me to organize things my way, while having enough built-in structure and organization so I don't get lost trying to use it. I also just discovered if you click on settings, you can customize everything, from seeing how much money is in a specific "budget folder" to adjusting the time period that the app tracks from monthly to weekly or bimonthly etc. Brilliant new find and perfect for my life right now!
Simple, organized and efficient!
I've always wanted to keep track of my spending and have been looking for an app that could help me to do that in a very simple and organized way. This app was the only one I found that did exactly that!
It easily allows me to track both spending as well as income, which is really important for me since I teach privately and that means students sometimes cancel, so my income is not guaranteed! This allows me to keep track of how much I'm really spending vs earning. And it's so easy to keep everything organized and see where you're spending a bit too much.
It's incredibly helpful and it gives you amazing piece of mind to understand your cash flow better. As a young university student, I think that I may be able to budget and save better by first understanding my spending habits. This is a lifesaver!! Thank you!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 23, 2016
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MH Riley Ltd
- © 2012 MH Riley Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$2.99