Spirit for iPad
By Marco Mazzoli
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.
Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.
Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.
- "Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad
- "If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade
- "Spirit is a budget gem you don’t want to miss" - TouchGen
- "One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo
- "The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com
- "Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times
- "Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered
What's New in Version 2.4
- Added "Rate Spirit" button inside options menu
- Bug fixes
This and Osmos are my two favorite game apps
Spirit for iPad is a great arcade game. Fun, challenging, addictive, and simple enough that anyone can play. Cool music and light-saber sound effects (although for me, the sound only plays if I plug in my headphones...that's the only glitch). The overall game has a great neon aesthetic and there's awesome attention to detail. I love the different costumes. The little robot and the rocket are my favorites. This game is very well-made. Worth the money. If you like arcade games, you'll love it. I've never written an app review before, but this app deserved one.
Ridiculous fun, beautiful, awesome soundtrack, and responsive. No ads or pushy in-app purchases. There are some skins in there, the game is so much fun though, I def suggest supporting the dev and buying so we can get more games like this! It's so "simple" but works exactly like an "on-the-go" game should. Be prepared for a challenge too, your hand eye coordination will be tested! The difficulty ramps up quickly but after a dozen games you get used to it and it's fun to push for a new high score. Fantastic game, keep up the good work Marco and crew!
One of my go-to games
It's a simple arcade game. Replay-ability is fantastic, but it does get boring if played for far too long. Because it is simple to play, it gets repetitive. But really, I wouldn't change anything about it. I have owned this game ever since I got my iPad 2 and that was probably back in 2011 or so. I was originally looking for a similar game, but had shooting stuff, And I just couldn't remember the name, so I bought this. I didn't have buyer's remorse. It's a good game to pass the time. Or a game I would play before I let myself doze off.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 26, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marco Mazzoli
- © Marco Mazzoli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skin Pack$0.99