SplashID Safe Password Manager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What is SplashID Safe? Watch a quick video at http://splashdata.com/what
The world's most trusted password manager for over 10 years with over 1 million users gets even better with an all new version.
Think of SplashID Safe as your personal vault on the iPhone or iPad. You can store and lock sensitive information - not just usernames and passwords but credit card data, account numbers, registration codes, prescriptions, and much more.
Where do you keep your usernames, passwords, and bank account numbers now?
* In your head? -- Ever forget one of them?
* In a memo or Word or Excel file on your computer? -- What happens if you lose the computer or someone else accesses it?
* In SplashID Safe? -- Smart move. Easy, fast, reliable, and most importantly secure.
Only SplashID Safe offers:
* SplashID Cloud Services - secure cloud sync of your SplashID Safe records across all your devices and computers
* You decide how you store and sync your records - convenient cloud sync, Wi-Fi sync, or local storage
* Unlimited customizable record types and categories
* Strong 256-bit Blowfish encryption
* Automatic backups to ensure no data losses
* Automatic password generator to create hacker-proof passwords
* Anti-phishing web autofill that delivers you to the correct address every time with no typing
* File attachments - attach a photo or document to a record for future reference
* Most viewed records - a new tab shows you the records that you view often for quick access
* Identity protection concierge service
* Backup to / Restore from Dropbox
No other "password keeper" application delivers SplashID Safe's combination of features, reliability, and security -- not 1Password, not Roboform, not mSecure, not eWallet, not Keychain.
Compare SplashID Safe to others:
Read about our security: http://splashid.com/personal/security.html
SplashID Cloud Services Yearly Subscription Details
Duration: 1 year, auto-renewed at the end of the year
Price: $19.99 per year
The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
The subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Cancellation of the current subscription is not allowed during the active subscription period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
What's New in Version 7.1.3
- Colorful icons! You asked, and we listened.
- Now you can backup to Dropbox. Go to Settings > Dropbox > Export to Dropbox, and allow SplashID to create a folder in your Dropbox account.
Dropbox backup and restore requires a subscription for SplashID Cloud Services and a Dropbox account. You must grant SplashID access to your Dropbox folder to use this feature.
Getting worse, not better
My rating of this app keeps getting lower.
I can no longer add an entry from the mobile app - only from the desktop. The small text buttons at the top of the iPhone app no longer work. I have gotten trapped in screens and had to quit the program to escape.
I've used Splash ID for years, starting on Palm Treo. I don't like it as much as I used to. The sync process between the app and the desktop version has gotten very cumbersome. You have to open both programs and manually sync them.
The app also has weird fields and an annoying search dropdown. It would be nice if the search started finding entries as soon as you started typing, instead of waiting until you hit the search button.
The designers need to work on the interface.
Their latest thing is sending lots of emails wanting to sell you their cloud service. I don't want my passwords in the cloud, thanks. And I shouldn't have to pay more to be able to sync my desktop and mobile apps, which I've already paid for.
If I had the energy, I'd search for an alternative.
Don't upgrade to 7!
I wrote a review almost 6 months ago and I'm writing again because I am still having problems since upgrading to 7. I have used this app on my phone and computer for nearly 5 years and until now I really liked it. However, since trying to upgrade to the cloud services I have had nothing but problems. All of my entries are duplicated, and when I go into one device and delete the duplicates they simply reappear the next time I log in. I am also having problems with both the phone app and the desktop app crashing when I keep the program open for more than 5 minutes. I have received no help from tech support (in fact, their answer was to have me upgrade my desktop version which led to the crashing... sigh). And now when I try to turn off cloud synching I get a message saying I will have to pay to use wi-fi synching - tech support has not even bothered to respond to my queries on that one. I really used to like this program and I hope that in a future upgrade at least some of these problems are fixed. Until then all I can say is buyer beware!
Good product.... After troublesome upgrade
I've been using SplashID for years and the upgrading to version seven was problematic. The main problem was with duplicate entries and categories. I've also had problems previously with data getting scrambled when upgrading from earlier versions. Still, I got past those issues and it seems SpashID has steadily been improved and now works well as a cloud-based password program. Now all passwords can be accessed from any device and by other family members. This effectively allows automatic synchronization in the background. Tech-support has been responsive and helpful a couple of times when I requested assistance.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SplashData
- © 2013 SplashData, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cloud Services$19.99
- Wi-Fi Sync$29.99
- Standalone - No Sync$9.99