Splashtop Personal - Remote Desktop
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Limited time sales! (retail $19.99 USD) Check out other Splashtop Apps On Sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US, UK, Japan, Canada, Australia, and 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 35 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access across Internet over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7/8/10, Vista, and XP), Mac (10.7 and higher), or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com/downloads
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124
- New feature: Now, a mouse for your iPad! Support Swiftpoint GT mouse for a remote desktop session for enhanced productivity or remote gaming. Learn more about Swiftpoint GT mouse at http://www.swiftpoint.com/splashtop and claim your special discount in-app (Settings => Options => Swiftpoint mouse).
- Security improvements.
Works very well
I have tried several apps on my iPad to use my Windows desktop remotely, including logmein (which is not an item found on the menu of a Chinese restaurant; is is pronounces as "log me in"), Microsoft's remote desktop, and one other I do not recall. All the others had serious problems even connecting to my remote machine, and I failed to get any of them to work. SplashTop works reliably, only occasionally dropping a connection, and that's usually the fault of the WiFi path being too slow. I even have SplashTop on my iPhone, and although it is difficult to use on the tiny screen, it has saved me from what might have otherwise been a desperate situation.
I also have the native Windows and native Mac OS X versions on my laptops. I have the runnable Windows image on each of my cloud accounts, so I can download it and run it without doing an install on a possibly-protected machine.
Maximum stars for this product.
It really works
This app does as advertised and more.
I am using it to control Logic and Garage Band on my MacBook.
It works for that and I can immediately hear my composition on my main stereo using Bluetooth to go to my Apple TV and then on to my stereo via HDMI.
There is no other way I know of to do that and that alone was worth the price of admission.
IOS is clunky when it comes to text.
Try inserting a cursor in the URL bar. It's impossible.
It's so exciting having OSX on my iPad.
Give me menus any day.
Things have been well thought out and it works just like your MacBook or Mac but with a touch interface.
The only problem I ran into was opening applications while using the dock.
To reliably open applications from the dock it has to remain visible and can't disappear.
Of course if you are using a mouse it will work as usual.
Screen resolution is automatically calculated for best results or you can set the resolution manually.
If you have a Mac and you want to run OSX on your iPad this is the way to do it.
A Great Remote Connection App
Of the several remote connection apps that are out there, this one is the easiest to use by far. I've been using it for several years and it really works well. The others use the screen as a trac-pad, but Splashtop has the mouse buttons always available, so it really works like you have a mouse attached to your iPad. It does require a decent connection speed to work properly, where MS remote connect will hang in there better on a totally overloaded WIFI connection. However Splashtop is always my first choice to connect when I need to.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 24, 2017
- Version: 126.96.36.199
- Size: 69.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2017 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99