Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Celebrating 20 Million Users, Limited Time Sales!! (retail $19.99 USD)
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US in June 2011
#1 iPad app in 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 18 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access reliably across Internet, over 3G, from behind firewalls, etc.
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions over Wi-Fi and 3G
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP), Mac (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) , or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com.
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
- Bug fixes
5 Stars on Local Network
First, there's no reason to purchase a subscription unless you need remote access. If you want to control another machine on your local network, you don't need an account. That's how I use it on my iPad mini. I was worried about ease and speed of connection, scaling, navigation and UI control of a Win 7 machine with a large screen. I've used it for quite awhile now and I have no complaints whatsoever. In fact, I generally work from my deck overlooking a sweet lake. Simple, quick and easy working with any application I've thrown at it. You will need to download a bit of software on your PC (I assume the same for Mac) that installs as a service so it will always load and run at startup, though you could set it to manual, but that would kind of defeat the purpose. It's a rare 5-star app for me.
Options to meet anyone's needs
I've tried many apps to control my 10 lbs work laptop remotely, including Team viewer. Jump desktop, Microsoft remote desktop. All had one annoying problem or another. For example, automatically disconnecting when iPad is off, or requiring Windows logon repeatedly, or minimal options for simulating a remote mouse. Splashtoo desktop gives one the control of how each of these options should be set and remembers the setting for each PC. Two thumbs up! Note that I am using the personal version on a LAN only. Accessing from outside as LAN will cost you about $17 a year. Need to download free software for the computer you are trying to reach.
Makes life easier and is reliable
I use splash top for remote access to both my Mac mini and my Windows laptop at least once a week. It connects quickly and reliably every time. I use it when there are websites that struggle with Safari or Chrome on my iPad and iPhone. It has rescued me when I have found myself without a document that resides only on my home devices.
When I first tried this several years ago, connecting could be buggy. I'm not sure if that was due to me, my home network, or the app; however that isn't ever a problem any longer.
This is a great tool and makes my life easier and less stressful.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 06, 2015
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 41.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99