By Spotify Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spotify is now free on mobile and tablet. Listen to the right music, wherever you are.
With Spotify, you have access to a world of music. You can listen to artists and albums, or create your own playlist of your favorite songs. Want to discover new music? Choose a ready-made playlist that suits your mood or get personalized recommendations.
Listen for free on mobile
• Play any artist, album, or playlist on shuffle mode
Listen for free on tablet
• Play any song, any time
Spotify Premium features
• Play any song, any time on any device--mobile, tablet, or your computer
• Download music for offline listening.
• Enjoy amazing sound quality.
• No ads – just uninterrupted music.
• No commitment - cancel any time you like.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spotify
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spotify
Spotify gives you instant access to millions of songs on your iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. Try Spotify for free, or subscribe to Spotify Premium.
What's New in Version 0.9.4
Fixed: Several buggy things.
Fictitious: This app is made from the finest Italian leather.
Starting to get annoyed
With each passing update I grow more annoyed with the lack of improvements in the mobile app. There are some pretty glaring flaws that are not being addressed:
1. Songs in playlists randomly getting switched to different versions (remix, edited etc).
2. Still no filter for clean vs. edited content. This really shouldn't be that hard. I don't want edited tracks. I go to the trouble of digging up the explicit versions, and then they get randomly changed to the edited version in my playlist anyway.
3. I still have to save albums as a playlists. There needs to be the ability to group by artist, at least. Some smart playlists, like 90's or Rap/Hip Hop etc would be nice as well but I'm not holding that against you for the moment.
If I could import my own music to Beats, I would have switched already. I really love the idea of your product, but you can't be a $6 billion mainstream company and have your app be this terrible. Please fix it, soon.
But could use some tweaks to be great!
1) Be able to delete the currently playing song from any of your playlists selected.
2) Be able to delete full albums from a playlist.
3) Be able to dislike or thumbs down songs you dislike, so they play less.
4) Be able to edit the dislike list, in case you change your mind about a song.
5) Be able to sort the dislike list by date added, or alphabetically by artist or song title, for ease of searching.
6) Be able to add all of an artist's songs to a playlist.
7) Be able to delete all of an artist's songs to a playlist.
8) Be able to select album covers from the albums in your playlist, as the album covers for the playlist.
Please add these options! :)
Why are you using over 700 MB (& rising) of storage for "Documents & Data"!?!?!? Playlists, album covers, & buffering caches should not be anywhere close to this range! 1 star until you fix this!
Making new playlists?
Update: my complaint below hasn't been addressed and now the search function is broken (error every time and reinstalling didn't help), leading me to remove another star. Which is unfortunate because it's a great service, but the app is going backwards. :(
What happened to the automatic playlist name within a folder? If I make a new playlist at the root level it still automatically names it with artist and album, but if I create it within a folder (something which you still have to do when you make it the first time because the app STILL does not have the ability to move playlists around) it won't name it for me.
Why take functionality AWAY guys?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 12, 2014
- Version: 0.9.4
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Spotify
- © 2008-2014 Spotify Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.