Perfect for 7 to 11 year olds, the Squeebles are here to help your children practise their fractions in a fun, colourful way, with cakes!!!
- The Squeebles games have been featured on BBC Radio, as well as in The Daily Telegraph, The Observer, The Guardian and more.
Featuring 4 mini games, a great reward scheme involving cakes (and we all love cakes), several difficulty levels and unlimited players this Squeebles game will make the task of learning fractions a LOT more fun.
The game is aimed at 7-11 year olds but can be used by anyone who wants to brush up on their fractions in a fun way.
> 4 mini games aimed at helping children learn fractions:
- A Piece of Cake: drag different fractions of cakes to each Squeeble as they ask for them. Easy mode covers halves, quarters and thirds, with hard mode covering fractions up to tenths.
- Tricky Pairs: match fractions of the same value (i.e.: 1/2 matches with 3/6) as quickly as possible. Easy mode features 4 pairs and hard mode features a whopping 9 pairs!!!
- Think Big: drag the cake to the Squeeble who calls out the largest fraction. Easy mode covers halves, thirds and quarters. Hard mode covers fractions up to twelfths.
- Super Sums: Answer 10 of the Maths Monster's fractions questions as quickly as possible. Easy, medium and hard modes.
> UK or US English
> Universal app runs on both iPad and iPhone / iPod Touch
> Great reward system and storyline. The Squeebles want to enter the Cake Making Contest but The Maths Monster has stolen all their ingredients and their entry tokens. You have to help the Squeebles win back their ingredients and tokens by working through the four fractions mini-games. You can then make cakes from over 100 ingredients and enter them into the contest!
> Over 100 cake ingredients from delicious sweet classics like toffee sauce and chocolate flakes to bizarre Squeeble favourites like curry sponge and sugared carrots!
> Covers fractions from halves to twelfths.
> Win trophies for doing well in games.
> Features 10 of the Squeebles characters, including Whizz, Lex and the nasty Maths Monster.
> Set up unlimited players, making this app perfect for classroom use as well as home use.
> Makes learning fractions fun!!!
> No in-app purchases, advertising or web links mean all our apps are 100% safe for your children to use.
Other Squeebles apps include Times Tables 2, Spelling, Addition & Subtraction, Maths Bingo and Division.
Squeebles Fractions has had a makeover - new graphics, iPhone X support, better performance and improvements to all game modes to make the easier levels more suited to children who are just getting to grips with simpler fractions. As always, if there is anything you'd like to see added or improved in any of our apps, please contact us by e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
This game is amazing
So far so good
Tried this app out before my kids, so their's will be the true test. But it seems tricky enough to be challenging, but not too hard either. I did think the instructions on the piece of cake game could be better. It should tell you to tap as many slices as the squeeble needs before attempting to feed the squeeble. I kept placing piece after piece on their plate and being told I was wrong, before I figured out you have to click each slice while still on the serving plate and then feed the whole section to the squeeble.
Changes to "easy setting"
My daughters are just learning the basics of fractions. Would love to see the easy section just have only "simplified fractions". i.e. 1/2, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 1/3, 2/3, 3/8 etc. otherwise this is a great app I would gladly change my rating to 5 stars if this feature were added.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.