By Feel Great Publishing Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Massive Sale! Up to 75% discount on all in-app upgrades this Easter! ***
*** Star Chart is now FREE! *** The top educational & augmented reality astronomy app - download and find out why over 12 million people use Star Chart!
You can now have a virtual star chart in your pocket. Look through the eyes of your iPhone or iPad* to see a high-tech window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your AR enabled device* at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D simulation of the visible universe, and a great deal of technical wizardry, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star, planet and moon visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device* at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Charts features include:
- Just point and view. When you hold your device up to the sky, Star Chart will automatically start tracking your movements to match the sky *.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- In a single app of less than 30MB, Star Chart dynamically scales its visuals and capabilities across all iOS devices to meet the high end capabilities of a retina display iPad while also running smoothly on the earliest iPhones and iPods.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of approximately 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature, simply tap the time button and smoothly shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes the complete Messier catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your iPhone/iPad* at any angle.
So point your iPhone/iPad* at the sky and see what's out there!
* Augmented Reality mode is available on devices that include a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
Escapist Games will update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and features requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp - twitter.com/StarChartApp
Also follow our latest developments! twitter.com/EscapistGames
What's New in Version 3.73
* Comet Lovejoy added to the Comets pack
* Various bugs fixed including:
- Shader fix for extended planets
You are missing the constellation Argo Navis, it is no longer "officially recognized" because it has been broken down into Carina, Puppis, Vela and Pyxis. However it is my favorite constellation and I figured if I asked maybe you would include it. I did not know it was not officially recognized until I purchased the extended constellations add-on, found it missing and looked it up. Nonetheless I am quite sad and if you have any humanity or if you support budding astronomers I ask you from the bottom of my heart to include the beautiful constellation (or super-constellation because it includes 4 smaller ones. Please help to mend my broken heart </3
I got this app because I just started an astronomy class and we were having a start night party where we look at the stars and moon. This app was really helpful and a huge hit with my classmates. Even though it was cloudy and we couldn't quite see the stars my teacher was pointing out we were able to use this app to see where they'd be if the clouds were gone. Awesome app guys and I love the interesting updates about astronauts and other events focusing on the stars. Thanks!! Even my family, who have never been interested in the stars, love it. Great job!
Great way to spend time with my 7 yr. old
My husband spent $200 on a telescope that promised to give what this App. can do, but we think it was garbage. Never could get it to work. This app. is really great! Now I know what I'm looking at and it makes you look smart to your young ones;). Creates memories with them. If your a star gazer or just curious about what you're looking at, or even use it as a landmarking technique for land navigation, it's Awesome. Thanks for all the hard work in creating it. Congrats! :). Patrice Baker
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 3.73
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Feel Great Publishing Limited
- © 2012 Escape Velocity Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Meteor Showers$1.99
- Extended Solar System$0.99
- Extended Star Catalog$2.99
- Enhanced Constellations$2.99
- Enhanced Messier Catalog$2.99