Star Defense Prelude
By ngmoco, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Once you’re hooked on Star Defense Prelude, check out Star Defense to witness the epic conclusion to the war with the S’rath, including a full galaxy of different planets, weapons and enemies.
WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING ABOUT STAR DEFENSE:
“Meet your new addiction.” – IGN Wireless
“…I can safely say that it’s going to be very hard to go back to my former non-3D tower defense favorites.” – TouchArcade
BAM! – A whole new planet in your pocket!
Star Defense Prelude is a FREE prequel to Star Defense™, the critically acclaimed strategy title exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Fans of Star Defense and new players alike will love this free introduction to the Star Defense universe, which gives you the opportunity to experience the first S’rath invasion ever on Outpost D-13.
Play on an entirely new planet and witness Outpost D-13 as it was before the S’rath arrived.
Maximize your recon and plan carefully – everything depends on your ability to respond to the S’rath invaders in real time and build a mixture of towers that counteract all known alien units and resistances.
• PLUS+ ENABLED – Add friends, access online leaderboards, and earn Plus+ Points. Get Star Defense to send Direct Challenges to your friends via the Plus+ network!
• POWERFUL ARSENAL – Build your defenses from 3 classes of towers and weapons, each with their own unique attributes, firing ranges and reload frequencies.
• EXPLORE AND SECURE THE UNIVERSE – Defend a breathtaking 3D planet, with its own distinct path layout, enemy types, and weapon choices.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY – Choose from Easy, Normal, or Hard difficulty settings for the challenge level that is right for you.
• EARN MEDALS AND COMMENDATIONS – Get Plus+ Points by collecting Medals and Commendations for accomplishing specific feats on the field. For Star Defense™ players, grow your score by adding these to your collection!
• BREATHTAKING 3D GRAPHICS – Stunning graphics and 3D worlds – this is tower defense like you’ve never seen it before!
The Universe is in Your Hands – Created exclusively for the iPhone & iPod Touch
I planned on buying the full version but...
I really didn't expect to like this game, but it was very fun and original. I could tell a lot about the full version by playing this, and I'm thinking that it's probably even more fun than this game. But one of the things I noticed about this game and the full version is that it hasn't been upgraded in several months. It's almost like the developers made the game, fixed a few bugs, and left it to just collect money in the app store. Even though I loved this game and thought it was worth 5 stars, I would definitely prefer to spend my money (even if it is only 99 cents) on a game that is going to get better and have at least semi regular upgrades and additions.
Click yes if you think that ngmoco should add more levels to the full verison of this game. Maybe then I'll buy it :/
Great Filler for Star Defense!
Although I was expecting all the planets to have a "before the invasion look" as did Outpost D-13, it is a great filler to see what things were like before the war. Here's a few suggestions: make an option to sync the free one with the paid one to get the before the war look of each planet, make a "Star Defense The Aftermath" to feature planets after the war and cleaning up the invaders. Overall not much to expect from this if you have the full version. There are some minor issues like Commendations from the full one syncing with this one and the Plus+ icon out of place.
Sign up to play?
Was curious about the prelude so downloaded it. I was shocked to find that you can not play without a Plus+ account. I feel rather offended by this. I'm not into online gaming so I never sign up for these things. Not giving an option to do so or not says a lot about the company and how it views it's customers. This is a big FAIL and the first time I ever had to give a game a rating of 1 (because it won't allow 0) here in the AppStore. I refuse to play StarDefense Prelude until Plus+ is made an option.
To make it clear, I do have a Plus+ account from when it was first debuted in the AppStore to try it out. Since I don't compete with other players I don't use it. That's my choice and not my opinion on the service. Sign up for Plus+ should be a choice not a requirement.
- Category: Games
- Released: Sep 05, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: ngmoco, LLC
- © 2009 ngmoco, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.