Steel Profiles is an easy to use and full-featured reference tool that includes steel shapes from American, Canadian, British and European standards. Geometry, detailing and design properties are available for each shape, complete with a full description. Shapes are sortable and searchable by different criteria. Each value can be converted to different units.
See how it works on YouTube:
- Seek steel shapes from European, British, American (AISC) and Canadian (CISC) standards
- Use a unique app for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- See all properties listed in official tables together with full descriptions for AISC and CISC shapes,
- See all major geometrical, detailing and design properties together with full descriptions for UK and European shapes
- Sort by different properties in ascending or descending order
- Search shapes by name or by other major properties (minimum area, weight, moment of inertia, elastic modulus and radius of gyration)
- Convert all values in any units you want (i.e. mm, cm, m, in) and search shapes by properties in converted values
- Enjoy detailed graphics enhanced for Retina displays
- Rotate your device to maximize the displayed data
- Choose between a dark and a light theme
For iPad only:
- Two different views available: Table and All-in-one.
- Table view lists multiple shapes together with additional properties on the same row (just like classical sheet tables). You can immediately compare up to seven properties (area, weight, moments of inertia and many others at your will) of multiple shapes.
- All-in-one view lists both shapes and the properties of the selected one
- AISC 14 & AISC 14 SI (all shapes included)
- CISC 92 (all shapes included)
EUROPE (valid for Germany, France, Italy, Spain and many other countries):
- EU 19-57 (IPE)
- AM (IPEA, IPEAA, IPEO, HD)
- DIN 10251:1995 and NF A 45-209 (IPN)
- EU 53-62 (HE, HEA, HEAA, HEB, HEM)
- ASTM A 6/A 6M - 07 (HL, HP)
- DIN 1026-2:2002-10 (UPE)
- DIN 1026-1:2000, NF A 45-202:1986 (UPN, U)
- EN 10056-1:1998 (L)
- EN 10055:1995 (T)
- EN 10210 (hot-rolled square, rectangular and circular hollow sections)
- EN 10219 (cold formed square, rectangular and circular hollow sections)
- BS 4-1:2005 (UB, UC, UBP, J, PFC, T)
- BS 4-1:1993 (CH)
- BS EN 10056-1:1999 (L)
- BS EN 10210:1997 (hot-rolled square, rectangular and circular hollow sections)
- BS EN 10219:1997, BS EN 10219:2006 (cold formed square, rectangular and circular hollow sections)
- AS/NZS 3679.1:2010
- AS/NZS 3679.2:2010
- LYSAGHT purlins
Updated for iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
Pest steel profiles app!!
Great simple app that gives you all the steel sections and design criteria for quick reference in the field or at your desk! Quicker than cracking open the book in most cases! Love this app!
Hasn't worked for a while since i updated from iphone 4s to 5 now with a 6 doesn't work still
It has all the information I need to choose the correct member
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.