Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps 2013 - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps -Apple
Listen to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts ON DEMAND from your iPhone or iPad. Discover the best of NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, WSJ, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Fresh Air, Freakonomics, Radiolab and over 25,000 shows, podcasts and live stations. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional stations.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
BUSINESS WEEK: “Web outfits like Pandora and Stitcher broadcast portable and mobile content that makes Sirius look overpriced and stodgy.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- CAR MODE: Simplified mode for use in car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps of 2012"
- Wired "Essential Driving App" 2012
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps 2013
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App 2013
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps of 2012
- Webby's People's Voice Award
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps 2013
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
"If you like NPR, MSNBC, Bloomberg or any of the best sources then Stitcher is the best way to quickly access all your programs in one place and listen at your convenience." - emarie0405
"This app is a life saver for my daily commute. Nearly any subject or source I want to hear! A must for podcast lovers." -CyberData4
What's New in Version 6.0.1
A few quick bug fixes:
- Fix for crashing on some Chevy MyLink connections
- Fix for shows set for offline listening not completing download sometimes
- Updated car mode visual design (accessible via settings or by tapping the double bar icon on the Now Playing view)
- Clearer indication of a show that has been added to your favorites playlist (checkmark icon)
- Various minor UI enhancements
- Bug fixes
And from our recently launched version 6.0:
A better question is what isn’t new?! We’ve taken all your feedback and everything we’ve learned and completely redesigned the Stitcher app to make it more personalized and simpler to use. Easier to access the shows you love and discover new ones that you’ll soon love. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out our blog for tips & tricks for the new version. Here’s just a bit of the newness:
* MY FRONT PAGE - We’ve reimagined the front page as your personal audio feed. With new episodes from your favorites, recommendations based on your listening as well as headline news and trending stories, it lets you pop open Stitcher and instantly start listening to fresh, personalized content.
* SIMPLIFIED NAVIGATION - Access your playlists with a single swipe from anywhere in the app.
* REDESIGNED PLAYER CONTROLS - New Mini Player lets you always see and control what’s playing. Swipe the Mini Player up to access the full Now Playing view, then swipe down to minimize. You can now access car mode and sleep timer via the Now Playing screen.
* LAST PLAYED - The new Mini Player automatically loads whatever you were playing last so you can jump right back in, right where you left off.
* MORE PAST EPISODES - New Show Information pages let you access more past episodes than ever before - easily listen, share or save them to your Listen Later playlist.
* RECOMMENDATIONS - Better recommendations, delivered to you on your Front Page as well as on individual Show pages - for example discover what listeners of This American Life also like to listen to.
* SIMPLIFIED PLAYLISTS - Easier than ever to access, set for offline listening, and manage your favorite shows in playlists.
* DESIGNED FOR iOS7 - Visually refreshed to take advantage of iOS7 design cues and technologically refreshed to leverage underlying iOS7 technologies.
* SEAMLESS REFRESH - Stitcher seamlessly refreshes and now lets you pull to refresh (swipe down) so you always have the latest episodes available.
* LISTEN LATER - Easily add episodes from anywhere to your Listen Later playlist - from the Front Page, your playlists, and past episode lists. Even set it to download for listening to these episodes offline.
* REFRESHED iPAD APP - Oh yeah, a fully updated iPad app as well.
Down graded for interface !
Further downgraded for v6: I must not get it. I want to monitor 8 or so podcasts and know when there is new content.
This function was deprecated in v5 (see below ) and now totally removed in v6.
Looking for another aggregator.
I do not at all like the low contrast look. Functionality 5. User interface 1.
I am referring specifically to the "new" badges in the "My Stations" screen. They used to be red and now are medium dark gray. I can't see the badge without difficulty. The badge on the dashboard for My stations is still red, and I can see that I have unread stations, but when I go to the My Stations screen, it is difficult to see which individual stations have unread content.
I do like using stitcher as a content aggregator, and I am resigned to the commercials and such. For now, I tend to ignore content that has been moved to a specific app (are you listening Money Pit?) and is no longer available to the Stitcher feeds.
I'd also like the "sleep" function moved to a higher level -- much as used on a clock radio.
Everyone should use Stitcher
I use Stitcher on a daily basis. When I purchased my first iPod touch and eventually my phone I was annoyed that I had to download podcasts to my computer, then synch. I would ALWAYS forget and be stuck in the car/work/gym with nothing to listen to.
Stitcher saved the day! Streaming podcasts alone would have been enough, but I can build stations, playlists and get to older episodes.
As we all know the Apple Podcast app is miserable, but I never cared because I was already using Stitcher.
And the ads don't bother me a bit. To those complaining, yes Stitcher isn't creating the Podcast content, but they are creating the user interface and storing all of your favorite and station data, which is no easy feat. Stitcher's app is better than Apple's and they need to pay their developers, so quit your whining.
My All Time Favorite
I have at least 30 apps I use for my iPad/Phone. I would give all of them up to keep Stitcher. Stitcher will open a whole new world for you. No matter what your interests, you will find quality podcasts that will hook you. For some reason, most people think of podcasts as some unprofessional, unease arched drunken conversation between self-absorbed college students. Sure there are a few you will listen to once and decide to never again listen to it. But, in my experience, there are far more interesting podcasts than I have time for. I have learned and laughed so much. Some of my favorites are the How Stuff Works series, Freakonomics Radio, Judge John, Hodgman Podcast, Shrink Wrap Radio,Dan Savage Lovecast and on and on.
Stitcher is updated frequently and keeps getting better.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 08, 2014
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 32.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2014 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$5.99