Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps - Apple
Listen on demand to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts from sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, ESPN, This American Life, BBC and more. Stream or download episodes for offline listening. Stitcher also helps you discover interesting things to listen to from over 65,000 shows, based on your listening habits. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional radio.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- STITCHER PREMIUM: Ad-free listening, bonus episodes from shows you love, 40+ Stitcher Originals exclusive to Stitcher, comedy albums and more.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, Car Mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps"
- Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
What's New in Version 7.1.3
- Security updates, including switch to SSL (https)
- Fix for bug where app did not resume at correct point in podcast after resuming from long phone call
- Improved episode search
The Howl app had its issues but it ran like a dream compared to this app. It's impossible to find specific episodes and the search function is all but useless. None of the good features from Howl have transferred, in particular, being able to scroll through all episodes of a podcast without it just skipping to ones I have saved on listen later, being able to read the description without playing the episode, showing which guests are in the show, being able to search by guest, being able to browse a podcast by year, not to mention the entire interface of Stitcher is not attractive or user friendly. It was much more convenient simply switching back and forth between Howl and my old podcast app (the much more user friendly Casts) which is probably what I'll continue to do until they stop supporting the Howl app. I hope by then they'll clean up the Stitcher app that their forcing us to use and not make it impossible to find specific episodes by number or guests.
Former Howl User
Transitioning from the Howl app has been a terrible experience. I thought Howl's UI was unintelligible and could not possibly get worse, but this interface took all of the worse aspects of Howl and just makes them aesthetically and functionally worse.
This app should be a simple podcast downloading/streaming application with a back-catalog that you access through paid subscription, not some bloated social media and data collecting service. Why would they even ask for access to my phones location?
The one positive element is the ability to listen to the Earwolf back catalog and other non-Earwolf podcasts in the same app, but this app makes organizing and subscribing to shows unnecessarily complicated, hiding basic functionality behind mazes of menus. Earwolf makes many of my favorite podcasts, but their premium content and back catalog is not worth the frustration.
Organization Is Impossible
I'm one of the migrants from The Widow Howl App and I've got to say Stitcher is a nightmare. If you add a podcast to your favorites, kind of like subscribing, then you get the most recent episode when it's uploaded. If you want to download a previous episode of that podcast you press listen later. That episode goes to a different folder/playlist called listen later, and if you have other podcasts in there, there is no way to manage what gets downloaded first. The app always seems to be 'waiting to download'. And if you disable cellular or don't have a connection, any changes to your playlists are later reverted. It's a shame to say I'm going back to Howl, an inelegant yet functional podcast app that is being phased out for this Pea Oh S. I will wait for doomsday.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 22, 2017
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 63.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$2.99
- Stitcher Premium$4.99
- Stitcher Premium$34.99