Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps - Apple
Listen on demand to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts from sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, ESPN, This American Life, BBC and more. Stream or download episodes for offline listening. Stitcher also helps you discover interesting things to listen to from over 65,000 shows, based on your listening habits. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional radio.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- STITCHER PREMIUM: Ad-free listening, bonus episodes from shows you love, 40+ Stitcher Originals exclusive to Stitcher, comedy albums and more.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, Car Mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps"
- Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
What's New in Version 7.0.7
Introducing Stitcher Premium! Check out the Premium section to sign up for a monthly or annual plan which includes a FREE trial. Stitcher Premium gives you:
* Ad-free Listening - Premium removes the extra ads that Stitcher includes in our free product. Even better, you’ll hear completely ad-free episodes of top shows like “WTF with Marc Maron,” “Comedy Bang! Bang!,” “Stranglers” and many more--only for Stitcher Premium subscribers.
* Bonus Episodes - extra bonus episodes of popular shows available exclusively on Stitcher Premium. Listen to bonuses from “Game of Owns,” “Superego,” and “Harris Football,” with more still to come.
* Stitcher Originals - over 40 exclusive shows created and produced by Stitcher, from the comedy adventure of “Uncle Bertie’s Botanarium” to the untold history of “Colt Cabana’s Wrestling Fringe,” and the off-the-wall improv of “The Teacher’s Lounge” to unbelievable parody of “Hardcore Game of Thrones.” The Stitcher Originals catalog is growing into the largest catalog of ad-free premium audio.
* Comedy Albums - listen to over 120 comedy albums from people much funnier than us, including Louis CK, Maria Bamford, Aziz Ansari, and Hannibal Buress.
- Fixes a playback crash in poor network conditions
- Fixes a bug with using Facebook to login in iPad
- Stability fixes with regard to banner ads
- Fix for inviting friends to Stitcher
- other miscellaneous bug fixes.
Does its job
Works fine most of the time. Two things I wish were different: 1. The sound that plays when you loose your network connection and whatever you're listening to cuts out is the most spine tingling and off putting sound that I've heard in an app. I rush to yank my earbuds out the moment I loose signal so I don't have to hear it. 2. I'm not a business owner. Every ad seems to think the whole world is teeming with up and coming entrepreneurs. Some of us don't want to be startup business owners and we like podcasts too. Maybe have some ads for us slackers who aren't invoicing clients or reading marketing papers or building web based capitalist empires.
I just want a list of episodes called "downloaded" so I can tell which ones I can listen to on the train. Also I want to be able to see them sorted by podcast and see which episodes I have already listened to vs haven't. I don't really get the functionality of "listen later" vs "favorites" and the main home page annoys me--I have no interest in hearing a bunch of 3-minute clips of news from random sources. Also, most podcasts ask you subscribe--stitcher has no subscribe button. I think it's the same as adding it to favorites, but why all the confusing language? Been using this app for a few months but it's not intuitive--think I'll switch back to the Apple one.
Going way downhill
Started listening on my iPad because it stopped working on my phone, Stitcher support has ignored my email, and I was falling behind in my listening. The iPad version is unusable. It keeps playing a stupid video ad, the one with the guy from Silicon Valley, over and over again, over top of the podcast I'm trying to listen to. Really stupid programming when you can't do the one thing the app is supposed to do. I think I have no choice but to move to a different app and lose my listening history and have to add all of my subscriptions to a new service.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 7.0.7
- Size: 61.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$2.99
- Stitcher Premium$4.99
- Stitcher Premium$34.99