StreamByter is a plugin for creating custom MIDI effects. It can be used as an Apple Audio Unit (AU) effect or as a standalone app connected via CoreMIDI virtual ports. StreamByter is ported from our acclaimed MidiFire MIDI processing environment.
A suitable AU host app such as Logic Pro X (at least version 10.4.2) is required to use the AU variant. To use with CoreMIDI, a routing app like MidiFire is recommended.
Use StreamByter to:
- Extend the MIDI processing functionality of any AUv3 host that supports MIDI FX.
- Remap channels, notes, controllers (anything MIDI)
- Filter MIDI events coarsely or finely
- Clone or Delay any event
- Send any event automatically when plugin is loaded
- Create complex effects using programming concepts like conditionals, loops, variables (including array, timing and random), and math operators.
StreamByter is configured using a textual rules 'language' that defines how the effect should operate. Please see the support link to go to our website for full details.
StreamByter is built using the MidiBus library - http://midib.us
- new presets manager - store presets locally or in iCloud Drive to share with all your macs and iOS devices
- new MIDI Event Monitor - examine events entering and leaving the module
- SND +I (inject) flag now implemented
- other bugs fixed
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.