STRIP - Password Manager
By Zetetic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STRIP is a cross-platform password manager providing powerful and complete data encryption, a flexible data model, fast search and multi-device replication.
Short for Secure Tool for Recalling Important Passwords, it has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for over 15 years, since the early days of the Palm Pilot. It protects your passwords and financial and personal information from unauthorized access by would-be crackers, malicious thieves and snoopy coworkers. Keep your secrets at your fingertips.
“By far the most resilient app to password cracking” — Elcomsoft, Black Hat EU
“Fantastic latest update. It's looking sharp and has a new look and feel. These folks are on their game....” — Zylvere
“Not only does the App do its job wonderfully ... it might have the Best Customer Support of any App I've ever used.” — KS Carey
"A powerful data encryption tool that will serve you well into the future" — Appsaddicts.com
“I don't know what I would do without STRIP; it's the only reason I still had a Palm Pilot. When I got my iPod Touch, the first thing I did was look for STRIP.” — lizzle47
* 256-bit AES encryption protects all of your data
* 64,000 rounds of PBKDF2 SHA-1 key derivation and HMAC page-protection
* Personalize categories to match your organizational style
* Customize your entries including usernames, passwords, websites, notes and create your own fields
* Store any information you want - no restrictive templates required!
* Full text search of record names and data
* Generate random passwords with added entropy from the device accelerometer
* Quickly copy & paste passwords and other data between applications
* Auto-lock timer allows you to keep STRIP temporarily unlocked while you work
* Launch websites, telephone calls, and emails from STRIP
* Configurable field masking to hide sensitive data from view
* Supports both portrait and landscape device orientation
* 90 professionally designed color icons for personalizing records (more on the way)
* Simple, elegant interface optimized for iOS 7
* Uses hardware-accelerated cryptography for speed and to lower battery consumption
* Synchronization and backup over WiFi with STRIP for OS X and STRIP for Windows (sold separately)
* Synchronization over Drive or Dropbox (free Drive or Dropbox account required)
* Store URL connection strings (e.g. SSH, AFP, SFTP) to launch other applications directly
* Generate two-step verification (TOTP) codes
Sync with your Desktop:
STRIP for iOS is designed to work seamlessly with STRIP for OS X and Windows, sold separately. Sync your information over WiFi between multiple devices (e.g both an iPhone and an iPad), backup data, import and export from CSV spreadsheet files. Check out http://getstrip.com for more details and a product tour.
If you don't use STRIP desktop you can still backup your STRIP database for free using the Drive and Dropbox sync features.
Powerful Open Source Encryption:
STRIP is the only password manager and data vault using open source, peer-reviewed full-database encryption technology. Called SQLCipher, the data store for STRIP uses established security practices like CBC mode encryption, PBKDF2 key derivation, randomized initialization vectors, and unique per-database salts. The source code is available for review at http://sqlcipher.net.
What's New in Version 2.4.4
* Improved display on new iPhone 6 devices
* Fixes issue with Notes interface resizing incorrectly
* Fixes issue with Keyboard not showing properly after rotation
* Updates to backup warning
* Fixes a crash when copying and pasting entries
* Built with latest version of SQLCipher 3.2.0
A primary utility app for me...
You should start out with STRIP Lite like I did. 4 1/2 years ago, new to the iPhone, I bought 4 other password management apps before I heard about STRIP. After just a few days working with STRIP Lite, I bought the full app. The experience with other apps was useful: it helped me to know what was special about STRIP. For me, foremost is that you are not locked into templates to enter your information into: create your own categories & fields as you wish. With big thumbs, functionality in landscape mode was a must that is missing in many other apps. After a year, I purchased the STRIP for desktop software in order to have a backup at home....this was useful when I accidently deleted the iPhone app! STRIP has increased the number and vibrancy of their icons....now they are crisp, bold and easy to see. Recently, when I needed help from STRIP for a Windows PC problem that was created by me, they responded to my problem very promptly and made sure my issue had been resolved. A utility app and organization that I very highy recommend!
Most Secure Password Manager
If you spend some time researching online, you may reach the conclusion that this is the most secure password manager on the App Store. Other password manager apps may not be secure if someone gains access to your device. I switched from the most popular competition due to persistence of major bugs in iOS8.
Strip is not as polished as some competitors but seems pretty solid. The app opens quickly without animation which I count as a plus. The sync is manual and does not occur in background. This could be a drawback if you frequently switch between desktop and iOS. I use iOS 90% so has not been inconvenient for me.
The category system is a bit annoying to me as I primarily use global search. But, other competitors suffer with similar issues. I just made a category "all" and dumped all my entries there in case I need to do a manual scan if search fails.
It does not currently support Touch ID. While I appreciate Touch ID for quick access to phone calls and contacts I would not use for a password app where you may have your most sensitive data. This would allow anyone with access to your finger while you are unconscious to gain control. Control of your brain is harder to access.
Very useful and cool app
Have this app on 2 desktops, 2 laptops, 1 ipad and 3 iPhones--all are working seamlessly and sync'ing correctly. I had a few glitches to correct that the Zetetic techs helped me to fix. Can't say enough about their responsiveness to assist and address questions--they are just super.
I definitely recommend this app to anyone who has a lot of passwords and other sensitive information to store. (I have used earlier versions way back to PDA days so am a long term user and the newer versions add a lot of additional features.)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 12, 2015
- Version: 2.4.4
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zetetic LLC
- © 2014 Zetetic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.