:) Sudoku +
By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, novices and experienced players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku +. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Enter games from the newspaper
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and XY-Chains
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku, this is the app for you!
What's New in Version 5.2.1
Fixed the digit pad locking out in some situations. Fixed statistics failing to reset. Various other minor bug fixes. Updated in 5.2: Added a new difficulty level: Maelstrom. Now supports iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6 & 6 Plus.
Sudoku at it's finest.
I love this app. I have played sudoku for years. This has taught me how to look for patterns I would have never known to look for before. I also like that when you scan in your own puzzle, you get to verify it is correctly scanned before you save it. I've used other apps for sudoku to do this, and there's nothing more frustrating than working on an unsolvable puzzle, because it scanned the wrong number and you didn't notice it. This app shows the conflicts in red and the numbers that work in green. Even if you didn't get all the numbers correct, you know you at least have a solvable puzzle. I would recommend buying this app. I also like where it shows you how you rate against others who have solved the puzzle that day. I enjoy it when I see that I am faster than 100% of those who solved it that day.
best sudoku app by far
please don't let the 90's styling scare you. this is one of the best apps of any category. period. and let me tell you why. first, you will not find quicker number/pencil entry method. second off, this is a magnificent training app for learning and improving your chops. sudoku+ actually shows you the applicable techniques as you are playing. this is no small thing. I could go on and on. but, you will find out soon enough just why I cannot rave highly enough about this app! oh. and by the way, this app is one of the only apps that I have actually purchased the paid version for. as it is so valuable, I want to support Jason Linhart as much as possible. thank you.
I love Sudoku and was very happy when I saw this app. The tutorial is easily the best I've seen. I'm still trying to learn some of the more advanced strategies. I also like that you can enter your own puzzle. Sometimes I'll be doing a hard Sudoku in a book and I'll get stuck. Not only can I enter what I've done into the app, but it will even give me hints on that puzzle! And scanning in a puzzle using the camera is SO COOL! It's great for when I want to do a puzzle from someone else's newspaper that I can't mark up or tear out. Simply stated, I can't imagine using another Sudoku app. On a scale of 1-5 I give it 10 stars!
By the way, I never write reviews. That's how much I love this app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 13, 2014
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2008-2014 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.