By Phase2 Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Among several strong contenders, Sudoku Unlimited is the best entry..." - Josh Clark, --Best iPhone Apps: The Guide for Discriminating Downloaders--
Sudoku Unlimited is a clean, simple to use version of the classic puzzle game enjoyed by millions around the world. As sudoku-lovers (addicts) ourselves, we added the features that we personally couldn't live without:
- A puzzle generator that makes every puzzle instantly from scratch, so you'll never run out of fresh challenges, regardless of your skill level.
- 4 gorgeous skins.
- 5 Difficulty settings, to accommodate players of every skill level.
- Offline play. No network connection needed, ever
- One-touch note filling.
- An intelligent hint system that shows you the next logical step.
-Automatically saves your progress when exiting the game or getting a phone call.
- Options to turn off sounds, animations, error display, in game timer and auto locking of the device.
- Option to switch the popup back and forth to a user-set level of transparency
- Draggable popup
- Scores sorted by best time instead of date
- Interface localization
- Ability to enlarge the popup, for easier number selection
- By popular demand: A newspaper skin!
What's New in Version 1.07
Fixed an issue with preventing the screen from locking.
Good user interface, varying difficulty
O used to have a Palm and enjoyed the Sudoku app there.
After switching to an iPhone I picked this app after reading many review.
I play Sudoku to kill time and always play on the highest level of difficulty.
I usually don't care how long it takes to solve a puzzle. Sooner or later they all get cracked. I never do try and error but only apply strict reasoning.
What I noticed about this app is that it has a very nice and useful interface.
I make a lot of use of the "fill in" function that shows me all possible numbers for a field based on the simple exclusion rule.
I then apply the higher level rules to eliminate more numbers until the puzzle is solved.
The one thing that strikes me as odd about this app is the variation in difficulty of the puzzles. It is huge!
At the highest level, I still get almost trivial problems. But also extremely hard ones to crack.
Tonight I actually had an insolvable one!!
I give it z 4 star rating for entertainment value and quality of user interface.
Great, but only a shadow of the Palm Sudoku I played years ago
I very much like this Sudoku game, though I find most of the 'skins' difficult to see. It is quick and has a large library of games. The "Clinically Insane" games are appropriately difficult (sometimes near impossible). However, ...
Here are some features I was used to on a palm sudoku game I used to play on a Palm 500 some years back:
1. Saving the state of a game, so you can try a thread without having to reveal errors, and if it fails you can return to where you started the thread.
2. Color coded notes. That will allow the user to prioritize notes and give some other advantages.
3. Blank games, so the user can enter his/her own games.
4. Saving completed or incomplete games as favorites (or games to return to), so you can return to or clear and play them again at a future time.
5. Finally, the Palm game computed random games (difficulty degree was a bit random too). That is a nice feature, and the iPod should be able to compute the game in seconds, rather than the several minutes the Palm 500 took.
I like it.
I played their free Sudoku Daily game for about a year so switching to this version was a natural. The interface was a little awkward until I got used to it, but I do like the fact that the puzzle fills up as much of the screen as possible (making it easier to read). The sound effects are annoying as heck, so I shut them off a long time ago. The main selling point for me is the puzzles [on the clinically insane level] are tough and the puzzles in this version are considerably tougher than those in Sudoku Daily.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 28, 2009
- Version: 1.07
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Phase2 Media
- © 2008 Phase2 Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.