By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With daily games at 17 difficulty levels, novices and expert players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
For unlimited puzzles, check out our other Sudoku products: :) Sudoku + (paid) and Sudoku Joy (free).
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Use our hints to ease those frustrating moments and to learn how to be a better player.
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and coloring
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku daily, this is the app for you!
What's New in Version 5.2.4
Minor bug fixes.
This has all the options, and more!
This is the absolute best Sudoku app - and I've tried a bunch of them trying to get one I like! It has options for EVERYTHING, including all the different ways to do pencil marks! You can set "pick a number, then a cell," or vice versa! Best of all, the hints can do everything from a simple "is board solvable (do I have anything wrong)" to "undo until solvable" (!) to "hint" - which will then lead you through AND TRAIN YOU on advanced solving techniques! Absolutely amazing app! The free version gives you one of each game each day, which is a good hour+ of play time, but it'll be worth paying for the full version just because this is SO GOOD!
I enjoy this app. I have gone through times of ignoring it, but I've also gone through times of playing everyday. I've been using it for quite while now on my iPhone and for a long while before that on a previous smart phone. It is totally worth it to download this one.
Edited a long time later to say that I now have this on my new iPad and I will probably take it off and only use it on my phone. I strongly prefer to play with no sound but on my iPad it makes loud clicks noises with every touch of the screen even if I turn my sound down to mute. Bleck!
Many gameplay options
This game has settings you can edit so that it works *exactly* the way you like. I am enjoying playing with alphabets or dots instead of numbers, then I switch back and try the same puzzle again with numbers, and I can flip it diagonally or many other ways, or even reverse the numbers to change it up more. The color marking by individual digit *or* by cell *or* both at the same time is something I've never seen before. Fantastic!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 29, 2014
- Version: 5.2.4
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2008-2014 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.