SunPower Monitoring System
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep track of your solar system performance anytime, anywhere with the free SunPower Monitoring System app! Detailed visibility into how much energy your system produces enables you to optimize your solar investment and save on energy expenses. Viewing options include: day, month, year, system lifetime, or custom date range. Customers with a Consumption Monitoring Kit can also view their Bill Savings and Energy Mix. Sign in with your existing web credentials or register your SunPower Monitoring System account at: https://monitor.us.sunpower.com
What's New in Version 4.0
New iPad app:
- Improved look and usability
- New energy circle chart and updated graphs
- Try out the app using the demo feature!
Two critical and very basic flaws
I've had my solar system for almost a year now. I don't check the app every day (more like 2-3 times/month), and twice now I've discovered something very annoying:
1. The app sometimes loses connectivity with the system. The system is still producing, but the app shows "no data". Connectivity issues happen - I don't fault the app for that, but how 'bout a notification? When my other apps lose connectivity I get a pop-up on my phone letting me know something is wrong. As a result, I have two 9-12 day gaps in my history.
2. Ummmm... fault tolerance? Why isn't that data stored and pulled into the app when connectivity is restored? Basically, if it doesn't download in realtime. The data is lost. That's pretty bad.
Nevermind being able to track consumption - I'd just like to track what my very advanced, very expensive solar system is doing. C'mon developers - this is usability and resiliency 101.
Most Importantly, Get Educated about How to Monitor Solar
While this app does have its issues... The folks who are complaining about not being able monitor consumption and generation with this app need to get more educated. They should know that this can only come from the electric company. This could be the fault of the SunPower partner that did the sales (our partner was simply pathetic and we had to ask a lot of questions that he did not know the answer to) or the purchaser that didn't ask the right questions.
So if you want to see how much power your SunPower system is producing, use this app or the Web site.
If you want to see production vs consumption, your electrical provider must provide this.
Monitoring - Really?
This App is showing just the generation of solar power/energy, usage data or even 'feeding the grid' are just illusory ! By the way: the displays on desktop, iPhone and iPad are just different in presentation in relation to the screen sizes of the various devices!
Nice to watch - but completely useless. In the beginning of the solar installation on my property I enthusiastically showed the generation part to neighbors and friends! But the missing real using data turned them off. Meanwhile 4 of my friends have decided to install the inferior competition system (Solar City) - and are quite happy. Due to the sizes of my friends houses this means at least a monthly income loss of +$1,000.
It's quite amazing to me how a bad app can destroy future business aspects and follow on installations!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 24, 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: SunPower Corporation
- © 2014 SunPower Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.