By Sunrise Atelier, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sunrise is a free calendar made for Google Calendar, iCloud and Exchange. Sunrise also connects with all your favorite apps like Facebook, Evernote, Wunderlist, Foursquare, TripIt, Todoist and more to make sure you’re always up to date with all the events happening in your life.
With millions of users around the world, Sunrise is changing the way you manage the places you have to be, the people you want to see and the things you need to do. Whether you’re planning your daily schedule or your next trip around the world, Sunrise makes it easy to keep track of everything in one beautifully designed calendar.
Sunrise also comes with Meet, the fastest way to schedule a one-to-one. Meet lets you select available time slots in your calendar and send them as meeting options to anyone through a simple link. Your invitee receives the link, picks the best option for them and the event is automatically created in both your calendars. You’ll never schedule meetings any other way.
Sunrise automatically syncs between your phone, tablet and computer, so you can access your calendar from anywhere. It’s that easy.
- A beautifully designed calendar experience for your iPhone and iPad.
- Connects with all of your favorite apps: Facebook, Evernote, Asana, TripIt, Songkick, Wunderlist, Meetup and more. We’re constantly adding new ones!
- Meet, the fastest way to schedule one-to-ones.
- Interesting Calendars to follow your favorite sports teams or TV shows.
- Google Maps for your directions.
- Smart icons.
Want to chat? Shoot us an email at email@example.com or say hi on Twitter at @Sunrise.
What's New in Version 1.10
- You can now click on any notification to open the event straight away. It’s almost magic. We’ll also show you all your notifications, even if you’re interacting with the app. We didn’t do it before and now it’s fixed!
- We’ve redesigned our icon! A brand new look before summer :) Don’t worry, we’ve kept the sun so you should still be able to find us!
- You now have access to a Reload menu when you right click in the app. Just in case the app crashes for an unknown reason, we don’t want you to get stuck.
- Missing the date in the icon? You can now choose to display the date in the app’s badge. Check it out in the Menu > Preferences.
- The app used to beep for no apparent reason when you typed some keys, indicating you might be doing something wrong. You weren’t so we fixed it.
We also want to let you know that Sunrise on Mac is continuously updated as we work on our web app at https://calendar.sunrise.am. Any improvements or fixes we make there will always be visible straight away on your Mac app.
We’ll be back with more soon, stay tuned!
Not vry refined. Has annoying bugs!
Overall this is a nice app, but seems it still needs more work to become a workhorse calendar.
A couple of annoying/frustrating bugs are:
1) On certain invites, a URL is not properly parsed, so when you click on the URL in the invite, nothing happens. This is because the application misses certain charaters at the beginning and end of the URL, and makes the URL invalid
2) A reminder for an event pops up (say 15 minutes before the event), but it goes away right away. It should allow the user to dismiss the reminder, or let is stay on until the time of the event. I’ve missed the start of a few minutes because the reminder goes away!
latest app is a dud
App worked great but since the latest update I found I’d been logged out of the app and now it won’t connect to my iCloud account via the iOS app. Bummer. I’ll give it a few days to see if there’s a fix and if not I’ll be deleting the app for the last time. (This is the second time I’ve tried Sunrise)
Connecting to office 365 on my iOS device does not work either. I can’t try the mac app in that regard due to the issue above.
The app is great when it works but for a company the size of Microsoft to not be able to accomplish what so many other indie apps do is just bad.
I hardly knew ya!
When I first discovered Sunrise, I immediately was sold by the great UX and integration with so many great services. However, I started to notice that it had trouble staying up to date (also on iOS). Their customer support solution was to log out and back in. I did this a few times, but got tired of it and finally went back to Fantastical. When I saw new Sunrise updates, I hoped the syncing problems would be fixed, but after waiting for the loading spinner for 15 minutes, I’m done. It was fun while it lasted!