The SurfingLakes app gives you quick access to the most useful NWS and NOAA information to help you forecast waves on all of the Great Lakes.
- Buoy Data including Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Wave Height, Wave Direction, and Dominant Period for American Buoys and Wind Speed, Direction, Wave Height and Period for Canadian Buoys when they are deployed on the lakes
- Nearshore Forecasts from the NWS for the American Side of the Great Lakes, where available
- Animated Wave Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated Wind Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated Water Temps Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated US Weather Map Showing Fronts
All The Great Lakes
- Lake Michigan
- Lake Superior
- Lake Erie
- Lake Huron
- Lake Ontario
- Fixed bug with menu, making it easier to click on menu items.
- Fixed bug with remembering the last lake viewed. Now it returns to the last lake you viewed when you completely close the app and open it again.
Ratings and Reviews
Was awesome until it just stopped one day
Was awesome until it just stopped one day. Tapped on app support and went to a dead link:/. Guess it’s done.
Great app, great support!
If you boat, sail, surf, kite or swim in the Great Lakes you need this app.
The app quit working
We rely on this app for lake conditions during the boating season. It quit working about 2 months ago. It was the best app I had, please fix it, you provide a great service.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.