Sweet Home 3D
By Emmanuel Puybaret
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home or office. You may:
• Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
• Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
• Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog of 1205 objects organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
• Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
• View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
• Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
• Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
• Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
• Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
What's New in Version 5.5.3
• Improved doors and windows management
• Added Plan > Join walls menu item
• Allowed rotation of furniture around an horizontal axis
• Added rotation and scale options on textures
• Added Model size and Creator optional columns to furniture list
• Added File > New from demo menu item with 9 demos
• Ensured Sweet Home 3D can run under High Sierra
• Other enhancements and bug fixes
Difficult to use and odd sized fixtures and appliances.
If you are in the U. S., this is probably not the app for you. Within a couple of inches, doors, windows, washing machines, dryers, kitchen appliances are all fairly standard sizes, but not in this app. The washer, for example, is 1’11 ¼’ wide, etc. Everything is customizable, but you have to specify the dimensions of everything. It’s a pain. Even the doors and windows are non-standard sizes.
If you are working on a floorplan, you can create the basic size and shape of a room, but you cannot rotate the entire room to try to get things to fit in a layout you like. You have to move one corner at a time to the new dimensions.
There are some nice features, which is why I did not give it 1 star. For example, if you use the room tool, a double click with the wall tool will make walls for the room.
Could not remove watermark like stamps on my finished work..
All was good until I reopend the saved file. Saved file opend with green trees imbeded all over, like watermarks..
I could not send file to my engineer do to the distraction of the watermark like.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 5.5.3
- Size: 216 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Emmanuel Puybaret
- © 2005-2017 Emmanuel PUYBARET / eTeks
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later, 64-bit processor