Swyx Desktop for macOS
With „Swyx Desktop for macOS“ you can seamlessly embed and easily integrate Apple OS-X work environments into your corporate communication – with an innovative user interface concept allowing ease of use for all communication functions.
• modern and innovative user interface concept allows intuitive handling of all communication features and functions
• brilliant audio quality with High-Definition (HD) voice calls
• smooth integration of business contacts from the XING social network – no more manual maintenance of phonebooks
• easy-to-use management presence state and call forwarding optimises availability within the company
IMPORTANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENT:
• Important: The application requires the server side installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2 (or later). Enhanced presence information is available only with server side installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2.2 (or later).
• The application requires Apple Mac OS-X 10.10 (Yosemite), Apple Mac OS-X 10.11 (El Capitan), Apple Mac OS-X 10.12 (Sierra), or macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
• User defined sorting of favourites is supported with Mac OS-X 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher
A TALENT FOR COMMUNICATION
• Communicate in HD audio quality
• Navigate easily through your contacts, favourites and call journal
• View the online status of your server-based business contacts
• Initiate calls conveniently by direct number entry, from phonebook, call lists and from any application using Hotkey
FURTHER FEATURE RICH FUNCTIONS:
• Call management: transfer, redirect, mute, hold and swap calls, handover a call to another device
• Call Line Identification (CLI) & "Privacy" functions for external calls, name resolution for numbers
• Selection of outgoing number (individual or group numbers)
• Simple call re-routing in case of busy, delayed answer, immediately, offline user
• Support of „Headset“ and „Hands free“ audio with Jabra and Plantronics headsets
• Voicemail support with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
• Use different ring tones for incoming calls
• Easy configuration
• Support of application logging
CONTACT, CALL, COORDINATE
• Filter and search in phonebook contacts and call journal with support for profile photos of contacts
• Create favourites for contacts
• Integrate XING business contacts and local phone contacts in your Swyx phonebook
• Call logs (for incoming, outgoing and missed calls)
• Conferences: User initiated ad-hoc three-party conferences
• Presence Management: manual setting of presence status (incl. 'Offline'), status message and your profile picture
• Support for simple Call Routing: "Do not disturb", forwarding when busy, forwarding when delayed, forwarding immediate, forwarding when participant logged-off
RESTRICTIONS / KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS VERSION
• Buttons of external USB or Bluetooth devices other than Jabra or Plantronics are not supported for calls, yet
• The use of h/w buttons of Jabra headsets may require to quit a running instance of Jabra Suite
• Transfer of an ongoing call to another device of the same user does not work when connected to a Swyx Advance server
With this release we have integrated CTI for Mac and are supporting the following desk phones:
- Yealink SIP-T41S
- Yealink SIP-T42S
- Yealink SIP-T46S
- Yealink SIP-T48S
Ratings and Reviews
This is not even a half finished product
Here are some of the flaws listed:
NO SUPPORT FOR JABRA headset which they do recoment on there home page.
You can only sort your contacts by last name.
You can’t merge phonebooks.
You can’t edit contacts who are in your addressbook through SWYX.
You can’t call contact using contextual menu.
You need to change all your contact to contain (+CountryCode) so you can use your phone book
The main window is to big.
Compared to the Windows app the Mac version is just a joke and only done to be able to say “we have a mac support”
There is no customer support on there homepage to ask questions related to your problems.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.