Ford SYNC® Destinations
By INRIX, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SYNC® Destinations exclusively from Ford and powered by INRIX; with specialized content for active SYNC Services subscribers.
• Routes and Destinations
1. Access cloud-based SYNC Services account on-the-go.
2. Fastest routes to your favorite destinations, searched locations and Ford/Lincoln dealerships – all powered by INRIX’s industry leading traffic and road incident data that covers over 2.8 million miles of roads in over 32 countries.
3. Download turn-by-turn directions using Send to SYNC.
4. Quick and safe on-the-go access to the latest traffic reports, turn-by-turn directions and destinations using simple voice commands via SYNC AppLink™.
• Vehicle Finder — Helps the driver save the location of his/her parked vehicle. This app also features a parking meter timer with alarm and a provision to take a picture of the parking lot/space
• Find a Dealer — Searches for a Ford or Lincoln dealership, makes a phone call and accesses the dealership’s website. The user can also download directions to the dealership into his or her vehicle through SYNC® Services.
• Roadside Assistance — Makes a phone call to an embedded phone number when in need of assistance.
Note: Downloading turn-by-turn directions is available only on 2013 Model Year vehicles with SYNC Applink. 2012 Model Year vehicles equipped with Sync Applink will also be capable once updated (via USB upgrade). Please visit support.ford.com or support.lincoln.com for details of software update availability.
What's New in Version 4.0
• Fresh new user interface design
• Addition of several new helpful features such as “Locate a Dealer”, Vehicle Finder” and “Roadside Assistance”
• New and improved search function powered by Bing
Phenomenal Opportunity Blown
I have a Ford w/Sync and was hoping the app could complement the system...big and wrong assumption. What does the app have?
Roadside Assistance, Dealer locator, and a few other extremely lame GUIs. The only one worth mentioning, seriously, is "vehicle finder." I haven't used it, but could imagine the utility.
On to what it doesn't have:
- Bluetooth or USB Screen Mirroring
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Vehicle History Report
- Single Sign-On via app to website
- Warranty/Service milestone/appts
- SYNC LAYOUT/DESIGN!!!
- ANY nav point fwd...not just dealers
- Dealership feedback (e.g. yelp, FB)
- SYNC tutorials, how-tos, or FAQs
The list can go on, bet Ford truly missed the mark in this app and what users want/need and what a dealer should want/need.
Can't believe I'm actually looking into trading in my brand new 2013 ford because I cannot stand the sync system. Your passengers can't use the app when going on a trip. Someone at ford thinks it's safer for us to pull over on the freeway to use the app to actually send directions to the car. The system itself can NEVER understand addresses making the 'services' button in the car pointless. Will definitely be looking into another chevy so I can have OnStar back. Pathetic excuse of a nav system.
Update: 3/9/14. The app is still horrible. Always logs me out and it takes way too long to get logged in and the directions are ridiculous. You would think spending $30,000 for a car would get you a functional system.
Great App! Great Support!
I was having a difficult time getting the app to work after the update. I emailed and within a day received a reply. Another email and then today, since I was still having problems with the app, I received an email asking to call to discuss what was happening. I got the call and we worked through what I was seeing. It works beautifully now. I am seriously impressed by their efforts to help me! Thanks!!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 04, 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © INRIX, Inc. 2010 - 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.