Ford SYNC® Destinations
By INRIX, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SYNC® Destinations exclusively from Ford and powered by INRIX; with specialized content for active SYNC Services subscribers.
• Routes and Destinations
1. Access cloud-based SYNC Services account on-the-go.
2. Fastest routes to your favorite destinations, searched locations and Ford/Lincoln dealerships – all powered by INRIX’s industry leading traffic and road incident data that covers over 2.8 million miles of roads in over 32 countries.
3. Download turn-by-turn directions using Send to SYNC.
4. Quick and safe on-the-go access to the latest traffic reports, turn-by-turn directions and destinations using simple voice commands via SYNC AppLink™.
• Vehicle Finder — Helps the driver save the location of his/her parked vehicle. This app also features a parking meter timer with alarm and a provision to take a picture of the parking lot/space
• Find a Dealer — Searches for a Ford or Lincoln dealership, makes a phone call and accesses the dealership’s website. The user can also download directions to the dealership into his or her vehicle through SYNC® Services.
• Roadside Assistance — Makes a phone call to an embedded phone number when in need of assistance.
Note: Downloading turn-by-turn directions is available only on 2013 Model Year vehicles with SYNC Applink. 2012 Model Year vehicles equipped with Sync Applink will also be capable once updated (via USB upgrade). Please visit support.ford.com or support.lincoln.com for details of software update availability.
What's New in Version 4.0
• Fresh new user interface design
• Addition of several new helpful features such as “Locate a Dealer”, Vehicle Finder” and “Roadside Assistance”
• New and improved search function powered by Bing
Address entry should require only one input box. Too much space dedicated to "good morning" message. Unnecessary to even have it. Furthermore, the entire purpose of this app is to send a destination to my car, and now the button I need to press to do that is below the fold. Manage points and select point can be merged. List points from latest to earliest rather than vice-versa. Delete feature should be added in point select screen. Please create a desktop version. Remove lock for when car is in motion. Defeats purpose. I still get the occasional busy signal when calling into Sync Services for destination. Works on iPad now. Good job.
Great App! Great Support!
I was having a difficult time getting the app to work after the update. I emailed and within a day received a reply. Another email and then today, since I was still having problems with the app, I received an email asking to call to discuss what was happening. I got the call and we worked through what I was seeing. It works beautifully now. I am seriously impressed by their efforts to help me! Thanks!!!
List of improvements
This update is a huge improvement over the previous version. It's much more intuitive and faster to access information. The traffic feature is also improved.
I would like to see a 'alternative route' feature and a 'send to car' feature utilizing google maps and apple maps--not just mapquest. Still, a better app than before. Looking forward to the next update!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 04, 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © INRIX, Inc. 2010 - 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.