By Pop-Hub Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shows memory/CPU usage status, CPU temperature and fan speed, network status and disk reading/writing status on status bar. SystemPal is becoming an ALL-IN-ONE app. It also provides a tool kit including mini music player, screenshot capture, memory cleaner.
1. Showing status directly on the status bar. It is very convenient to check system status.
2. Showing a mini music player on the status bar. This mini music player controls iTunes to play songs in your iTunes library. It is very convenient to see song name and artist on the status bar. You can also check the album artwork, read the lyrics, rate the song. When you close iTunes, the mini music player will just become a tiny icon.
3. Providing a screen shot utility. You can use it to capture mouse selection, capture a window, capture the whole screen. You can save the screen shot to desktop or save to the clipboard. You also have the option to delay 3 seconds before capturing.
4. Providing a quick launch for Activity Monitor of Mac OS X.
5. Memory usage pie chart.
6. CPU usage chart. Working well with multi-core processors.
7. Network status (uploading speed and downloading speed).
8. Disk reading/writing status.
9. Configurable items showing on the status bar.
10. 1-Click cleaning memory. When you are short of free memory, you can just click 'Clean Memory' on SystemPal and it will finish in a couple of seconds.
11. Auto-cleaning memory. If the free memory is smaller than a certain number, SystemPal will begin to clean memory automatically.
12. Displaying the top processes which consume much memory or CPU resource. You can the terminate the app which consumes too much Memory/CPU resource.
13. Providing an option to play alert sound when the CPU temperature is too high. (This option is disabled by default.)
14. Special enhancement for OS X. This utility works perfectly in full screen mode and every space.
15. Auto-run at login (you need to set it in the preferences).
16. SystemPal consumes much less resource than other apps with similar functionalities.
- Internet surfers
- Movie creators
- Graphic artists
- Virtual machine users
- If you find any problem, please report it to us and provide your computer's model (e.g. MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2010). We will try to reproduce it and fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.
- We are open to your suggestions.
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2015-02-03 5.1 Fixed the minor UI issues.
2015-01-12 5.0 Added top processes which consume network bandwidth, supported OS X 10.10 Yosemite, and added other improvements.
2014-04-01 4.1 Bug fixes.
2014-01-23 4.0 Added disk status. Increased speed of cleaning memory.
2012-07-21 3.2 Fixed the temperature problem on Macbook Air/Pro/Retina Mid 2012 models.
2012-12-12 3.0 Added a mini music player on the status bar. Added a screen shot utility. Added a quick launch for Activity Monitor.
2012-12-20 2.3 Bug fixes.
2011-12-14 2.2 Supports network unloading and downloading speed. Supports auto-cleaning memory.
2011-09-27 2.1 Supports CPU temperature and fan speed.
2011-09-20 2.0 Supports CPU load status. MemoryTool is renamed to SystemPal.
2011-08-11 1.0 MemoryTool, shows memory pie chart on status bar, cleans memory.
What's New in Version 5.2
1. Made the UI look good. Supports macOS Sierra.
2. Supported macOS dark mode!
3. Removed mini music player’s ugly background.
4. Made other minor fixes.
5. The Contact Developer email will have the diagnosis info which does not contain any personal info and helps us solve problems. You can remove it if you don’t want to share it to us.
6. Because the per-process network monitoring does not work well on macOS Sierra, we have removed this feature.
Very Good App
This app may not seem like much at first glance, but it is a little treasure. It does exactly what it claims to be able to do and does it superbly. I find it invaluable for keeping an eye on system data, particularly cpu load and temperature. I also like the fact that it lives inside your menubar because it makes so much easier to access quickly. The developer has had this app in the store for a while now and he/she is constantly maintaining/updating it. I consider system pal to be one of my must-have apps.
The app really helps me keep an eye on my computer and its condition. I’ll admit that I tend to overuse it with lots of tabs and windows open, but the app helps monitor it and helps me know that I’m using it more than it can handle. Helps me keep the temperature low and monitor my activity. Pretty useful if you use the computer alot.
I love this app. It’s helping me monitor a Mac mini that’s having an issue with overheating. This mini sits next to 3 other Mac minis carrying out similar duty that don’t get hot.
I do wish the app supported email or text notifications when a temperature threshold is met, that would be most ideal.