t Chess Lite
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
Best way to learn Chess!
T Chess app has all the features to learn chess and go up in ratings. I am a complete novice, but by backing up the game moves, I can see exactly what strategy the computer used to get me into trouble. The app lets me go back and change a move to try to engage in better (hard to get any worse) planning and moves.
I love the "hint" feature. After two weeks at the lowest level, I can usually guess what the hint will be! Very rewarding technique. A good feature is that the player can manually set the difficulty level, and doesn't have to progress until I was ready.
Best of all- it's fun!
Excellent Chess App - win for Tom Kerrigan!
I've played chess since I was nine years old - and always strive to improve my game. This app delivers - in spades! It offers many options, great rank tracking, and the engine challenges you, as a player, as vigorously or gently as you want or need to be challenged. The only option I would add would be an unlimited 'tactics trainer' where the engine would offer random scenarios for the player to identify the and make the next move.
This app is a "must have" for players and lovers of chess at all levels and rankings!
I really think this is a great game, but the person who created it should make the game multiplayer directions and stuff easier. I tried connecting with a friend and it took us 20 mins. just to connect! Are you kidding me!? And you NEED to lower the price of the full version. Who on this earth is going to buy a game of chess for $8:00?!?!??!!! I like playing virtual chess, but it definitely needs some changes
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 03, 2013
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.