Sing. Hum. Rap. Strum. Capture your musical ideas—anytime, anywhere.
Take is the creative vocal recorder. With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing, riffing, writing and sketching out song ideas.
App of the Day, Europe (Aug. 2018)
“A versatile mobile song sketchpad.” – Electronic Musician
“Tremendously easy to use.” – Engadget
• Kickstart your creativity with inspiring built-in loops and beats.
• Sound like a superstar on your phone’s built-in mic.
• Feel the groove. Stay on the beat. Keep in time.
• Add new parts. Double them up. Create harmonies.
• Build your tune and flesh out your ideas with three tracks.
• Polish your tracks with built-in effects, mastering and more.
• Subtly tune your voice to stay in key or go full-on robot voice with Voice Tune.
• Open an audio file and add your own voice to become the star.
• Share your recordings to social, email, AirDrop and other apps.
Take combines drop-dead simplicity with features that are custom-tailored for vocalists. Record harmonies along with your voice, blend in effects to sweeten the sound and sing along to an array of beats and rhythms. Take is the ultimate voice memo sketchpad for capturing your musical ideas.
Note: Take is optimized for the built-in microphone on your iOS device. To eliminate feedback and hollow-sounding tracks, wearing headphones is recommended while recording. Best results come from using headphones without an integrated microphone, and recording directly into your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
** Requirements: iOS 11 or higher.
• Take is back!
• Import your own beats
• Share your songs to any of other apps
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more options in voices
I really like this app I don’t make music because I’m nervous to but I do want to, the problem is that basically all the options to your voice are basically the same it’s either high pitched or has too much echo basically you sound like Quavo or T pain
And it up sets me because I know I can write lyrics it’s just that the voice options aren’t me I want more voice options to sound more low but not too low for example I wanna sound like suicide boys or lil peep or xxxtentacion another thing is that the second options to your voice are too confusing like a b bm and etc. I want them to be more understanding but what I want most is the voices to change or more added because everyone sounds the same and I don’t wanna sound like everyone i wanna sound like myself. But other than that this is a amazing app for music just needs more options
Why PROPellERhead kicks Ace
I haven’t even tried it out yet but already that you can share it with other apps and import your own into it that’s all it was lacking it was sandbox into a genres That I’m not really into unless I’ve had a bunch of Adderall. And I’m not talking The garbage everybody trying to pawn off as rap. That BS is never good I’m sorry The quality of lyrical depth and meaning Isn’t there and I’m not gonna sit here and bash somebody else for what they’re trying to do Creatively, I can respect that much butrespect that muchAll I can do I wish you would open up your ears to things you’ve never heard before and subjects
Take was a greatPlatform but very constricted to itself thank you PROPellERhead
Cute, but severely lacking even for a basic app
It’s a relatively quick and easy tool to use for fast ideas past a basic voice memo recording app. It quickly makes you wish there were more tracks available though. You can’t get fully fledged demos out without degrading/redownloading your full masters.
1. There should be between 4-16 tracks available. Even for an app aimed at simplicity.
2. If you have too many takes in one recording, it will not let you record anymore. I don’t know if this is a bug.
3. If there are more available time signatures other than 4/4, I have not found a way to access them. Discoverability is not great in this app.
4. The erase function is cumbersome.
5. Trimming a song during mastering is not precise.
Not everyone uses this app simply for vocal harmonies, you know. Think about it: Vox, Guitar, Drums, Bass. 4 tracks. Replace Drums with Keyboard if you’re just using the beats in the app. Having 4 tracks would greatly improve usability. I keep uploading songs to Allihoopa to “pick up” just to add more tracks to my own creations. It is a silly, time consuming process, and there’s no indication as to how much processing and degradation the song goes through when it’s uploaded.
- Propellerhead Software AB
- 131.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Propellerhead Software AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.