By The Iconfactory
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Life is full of interruptions. How many times have you realized that your headphones are silent because you’d forgotten to un-pause your music? Take Five is a simple utility that automatically fades your music back in after 5 minutes.
Take Five supports music pausing and auto-resume in the most popular Mac audio applications such as iTunes, Ecoute, Pulsar, Radium, Rdio & Spotify. Never again let a call from your Mom, lolcat videos or visits from your boss put your music on permanent pause. When it comes to your music, silence is not golden.
• Launch the app to start pausing your tunes for 5 minutes
• Quickly change pause time from seconds up to 30 minutes
• Take Five supports iTunes, Ecoute, Pulsar, Radium, Rdio & Spotify
• Click Take Five’s dock icon to pause/play anytime throughout the day
• Instantly resume music by sliding timer to 0 or clicking album art
• Hot key prefs to play/pause, show/hide iTunes & start/stop the timer
• Preferences to adjust the default timer from 1 to 30 minutes
• Option to display track info when changing in iTunes
• Beautiful, minimal interface won’t get in the way while you work
• Soft fade in when audio restarts
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Status item in menubar now matches Yosemite appearance.
So useful, so pretty and unobtrusive => top notch
I love elegant gadgets that help me simplify my life and Take Five does just that. It is well crafted, well thought out and is gorgeously designed.
It does exactly what is needed, nothing more.
I also appreciate reliable, small memory footprint apps and I've never once seen it soaking up CPU time, RAM or battery power. I don't like having a lot of add-ons in general, but this app is solid -- it feels like part of the OS and not something added.