Taxonomist is the best way to discover taxonomy. Learn more about the origin of the species and their connections in a simple and visual way. This carefully designed app is a perfect complement for biology and natural science students.
GET THE MOST UPDATED INFO
Taxonomist is a unofficial client for the NCBI's Taxonomy database, so it uses the most active and complete source among the scientific community. This way, you'll always be up to date!
Give it a try and tell me what you think. You're ready now, become a taxonomist!
LET ME KNOW
Thank you for your interest in Taxonomist. I would love to hear any and all feedback —ideas, complaints, suggestions, requests, or even just a friendly "hello!"– from you, so feel free to contact me at: https://gservera.com/apps/taxonomist/support/
In addition, if you enjoy software development and would like to collaborate in this or a similar project, remember that the code of TaxonomyKit, the open source library that powers Taxonomist, is available at GitHub (https://github.com/gservera/TaxonomyKit/).
Found some localization error or missing your language? You can definitely help me translate this project via POEditor at: https://poeditor.com/join/project/q7bu1agpCc
Visit the NCBI's Taxonomy database portal: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/taxonomy
- Support for the amazing new iPhone models.
- Made a typo? Yep, scientific names can be tough. Now the search engine is smart enough to find your species even if you misspelled that wonderful unpronounceable name.
- Have fun with tons of new preloaded species and up to 2000 new translated names.
- Fixed visualisation in landscape on Plus and X devices.
- Smashed some small but itchy bugs.
HEY, YOU ARE AWESOME :)
Thank you again for your support. As always, feel free to contact me if you have something to say.
Have a great day!
Ratings and Reviews
Literally nothing in the app. You can browse your own files in the cloud, but you can’t open any of them. Not that anyone would want to use this app for that, but I thought this would help with a taxonomy class I’m taking and it’s literally just empty. Nothing to it.
- Guillermo Servera Negre
- 37.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, Galician, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Guillem Servera. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.