The ultimate still photo app for the conscious image maker - works equally well for serious photography as for organized visual note taking. With a handful of unique features you'll not find anywhere else.
Photos are saved to individual albums created with a specific purpose in mind. Such as different photo shoots or projects, visual shopping lists, recipes from the grandmother's cookbook, things for sale, monthly gas and electricity meter readings - the list is endless. These uses need different image qualities and sizes (you'll seldom make a large print of a meter reading, for example), so the app has:
• Album specific image quality, color space (wide color capable devices only) and geotagging settings.
• Selectable image quality with full, half, quarter, high color fidelity quarter HQ sizes and a super tiny 0.48 megapixel 800x600 JPG, as well as RAW and RAW+JPG on devices supporting RAW capture. The 800x600 JPG is up to 20 times smaller than a regular JPG, making it extremely gentle with your mobile plan's data allowance.
• Color space can be set to Display P3, Adobe RGB or sRGB for JPG files and Adobe RGB or sRGB for RAW previews.
• Home screen Quick Actions for selecting the last recently used three albums.
Unique features include:
• Framing Previsor for showing on the wide angle camera's image what the telephoto camera would see.* Also works with wide converters.
• Highlight and shadow alerts.
• Protective exposure metering.
• Auto ISO with minimum, maximum and minimum shutter speed settings.
• Real time distortion correction for wide angle converters via correction profiles, as well as a custom converter for other lenses.*
• Selectable screen frame rate to balance between fluid experience and power saving, and to avoid flicker with lighting running on 50Hz mains frequency.
• TIFF/EP compliant DNG files with support for wide color and full resolution embedded previews.
* Utilizes the time-tested precise simulation and distortion correction engines of our Mark II Artist's Viewfinder app.
Other notable features:
• Manual control for ISO and shutter speed in 1/3 stop increments.
• Manual focus with focus peaking. Selectable peaking color.
• Exposure compensation up to +/-5 stops.
• Exposure and focus lock.
• Continuous and single AF modes.
• Grid display with 2x2, 3x3 and 8x6 choices.
• Luminance only Black & White mode.
• Artist and copyright metadata. The copyright template supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), artist name and the copyright symbol.
• Four user-assignable Smart Function Keys to bring most-used functions to a single tap distance, with 7 functions to choose from.
• Completely neutral viewing to avoid interfering with your color vision during composition.
• Fully color managed, from capture to display, including color-correct display of wide color RAW images.
Technical Camera only supports the back camera(s) in still photography mode. No videos or selfies. No fancy filters.
The Framing Previsor requires a dual-camera device or a wide converter lens.
The complete list of supported wide converter lenses can be found on the Tech Specs page: http://www.direstudio.com/technical-camera/tech-specs/
For more information we recommend to check out our Technical Camera Tips and Tricks: http://www.direstudio.com/technical-camera/go/tips-and-tricks/
Ratings and Reviews
Great App for Organizing Photo “Notes”
I was most interested in Technical Camera’s ability to save photos directly to an album and choose quality settings for each album. I often take pictures as reminders or for reference that do not need to be high quality. With this app, I can select the proper folder and then the picture is automatically saved at one half or one quarter of the resolution (or 600x800). It is easy and fast to switch albums. (Any albums you create are part of the standard iPhone Photos app and can be viewed there like any other iPhone picture.)
In addition, I have found that the app produces photos that are slightly better than Apple’s. The developer was very responsive when I asked a question and said that Tech Camera has its own JPG engine. He also explained a lot about how iPhone cameras work. (Note: RAW is only an option on the iPhone 6s and later.)
Overall, this app is well worth the price.
I've compared images created with this app with other premium iPhone camera apps and Technical Camera is just a little better with respect to image quality. It does take some getting used to the user interface. I have some problems with it btvthe developer has a helpful web site to help with that.
Best iPhone Camera App
Technical Camera is a wonder.
Elegant simple and feature rich interface, the perfect answer for serious photographers who want to use their phones for mor than mere selfies and snapshots. RAW shooting with this app is not just an option, it is a real pleasure. Great app design, great results. Thanks. Lito Tejada-Flores / Western Eye Photograpjy
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 3.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 DIRE Studio Kft.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.