Mocha Telnet provides access to a Linux/UNIX Telnet Server. Using your iPhone or iPad, you can connect to a Telnet Server and run applications in a VT220 Terminal window. Exactly as you would, if you were sitting at your system console, just on a smaller screen.
Has a 5 minutes session limitation.
- Supports all standard VT220 emulation features.
- Alternate screen size (24x80 or 24x132).
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser.
- Telnet and SSH2 protocol.
- Landscape mode.
- Auto login.
- OPTICON 200X barcode scanner.
- Zebra LI3678 barcode scanner.
- Linea barcode scanner and card reader.
- SocketMobile series 7 hardware scanner.
- Camera as barcode scanner.
- Pop up keyboard.
- User defined key values.
- Colors can be customized.
- Better layout for devices without a home button.
- Added support for four new 8 bit code pages.
- General bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
I disabled auto update because of this
When I originally downloaded this app, there were very few limitations, mainly concerning which keys you could press. Then the developer updated the app and changed the limitation: the full keyboard was available, but sessions cannot last longer than five minutes. I held off updating for three months, and would have waited longer had I not accidentally hit the button. It was uninstalled in less than 60 seconds. Sorry, but I’m not allowing that.
Can’t type and bait/switch issues
Keyboard no longer works, and now I lost the ability of using app for more than five minutes. Those two issues were not there prior to updates.
Very useful app, makes life easier
Well, maybe only if your life includes some amount of IT administration. I have been using this developer's RDP app (for iPad) for a year or two, mainly for simple WOL commands. Recently I setup several FreeNAS servers and wanted to be able to send WOL commands through an SSH Terminal to other systems on the network, from external networks. This app makes it very easy; using macros to store commands for different machines. Now, at each site I need only the FreeNAS server running, Telnet in, execute a macro and wake any other machine up. This app saves energy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.