The TestFlight app allows testers to install and beta test apps on iOS, tvOS and watchOS devices. Testers must receive an invite directly from a developer first before they can begin testing with TestFlight. Once invited, testers can redeem invitations in TestFlight to install, test, send valuable feedback, and get updates for the beta app.
*Note: TestFlight itself does not allow for discovery of beta apps.
To start testing:
• All the app developer needs is your email address to send you an invitation
• Then accept the invitation either in the TestFlight iOS app or with a redemption code found via a link in the beta invitation
• Once accepted you can install the prerelease build
• The TestFlight app will notify you when new builds are available
• To update to the latest build, simply tap Update
Developers can invite TestFlight Beta Testers on the App Store Connect website:
• Create a version of your app and upload new builds
• Choose which prerelease version of your app you wish to release to testers
• Invite new testers by simply providing their email address
Apple collects crash data and statistics related to your use of TestFlight and Beta Apps in a personally identifiable form. This information may be provided to the App's Application Provider who may contact you regarding your use of their Beta App.
• Improved the user experience of following a public link and of updating the TestFlight app.
Ratings and Reviews
Had this app for over a month still nothing available to test. There are much more efficient apps out there.
This is a wonderful tool that could be a lifesaver when one is in dire need.
To Counter Space_Escalator’s Review
@Space_Escalator - there’s an option to click “Not Now” when prompted to review this application, you clown. Don’t be petty, you noncontributing-to-society-sponge-sucking-circus animal.
To the TestFlight folks - thanks for giving us common folks an opportunity to help make things better. You are awesome.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.