TextGrabber 6 – Real-Time OCR
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly digitizes fragments of printed text, reads QR codes and turnes the recognized result into actions: call, write, translate into 100+ languages, search in the Internet or on maps, create events on the calendar, edit, voice and share in any convenient way.
When you point a camera at printed text, TextGrabber instantly captures information and recognizes it without connecting to the Internet. A unique real-time recognition mode extracts information in 60+ languages not only from documents, but from any surfaces.
Translation is available as a separate in-app purchase.
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Mobile Productivity App", "Mobile Image Capture App" and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
“TextGrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must have for students” - appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” - lifehacker.com
• Innovative Real-Time Recognition mode based on ABBYY RTR SDK technology will digitize printed text directly on the camera screen without taking photographs.
• Text recognition in 60+ languages, including Russian, English, German, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Chinese and Korean, without an Internet connection.
• All links, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses and dates after digitization become clickable: you can click on the link, phone, write email, find the address on the maps or add an event to the calendar.
• Full-text translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase).
• QR code reader.
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature.
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people: you can increase the font size and use sound prompts to interface elements.
• Share the results to any app installed on the device via the system menu.
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Texts from TV screen or smartphone
• Labels and counters
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles and book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
ABBYY TEXTGRABBER IS THE FASTEST WAY TO DIGITIZE, TRANSLATE AND ACTION ANY PRINTED INFORMATION!
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber . Thank you!
What's New in Version 6.5
In this release, we supported iPhone X interface so you can enjoy TextGrabber on your very new device!
Major changes introduced in past releases:
+ The Drag and Drop on iPad.
+ Ability to turn off the app signature when sharing in the Settings.
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber. Thank you!
One of ABBY’s best products
While I have had my gripes about ABBYY’s price and what I believe is a clear loss in the quality of the apps (ie it’s still hard to find better desktop software!), I nonetheless have to say this app is excellent. I am a PhD candidate in the humanities, and had to pass four research languages in order to complete the program. That meant I had to learn to translate quickly, and recognize common phrases in each language. If one is looking for the parsing or definition of a word then a lexicon is best, but if one needs to actually translate and work through sentence structure, then this is one of the most helpful apps I’ve found. I continue to use it for quick translation or to check my own rendering.
*i do echo previous comments regarding whether the app utilizes the hardware of the latest iPhone effectively (it doesn’t); the iPhones have the best cameras on the market, and yet the ABBYY apps seem to struggle to take decent pictures. Sadly, it’s often easier and more accurate to take a picture with the native camera app and then import into the suite of ABBYY apps. (I have received multiple responses to this issue telling me I’m doing it wrong, but I have an actual lighting setup and a device that holds the phone over the page...I’m sure I will get corrected again 🙄 but there is some difference - that said ABBYY is still the best available).
Outstanding app! Supremely simple and straightforward to use; OCR accuracy is essentially 100%; and English to Spanish translation is also outstanding. I would, however, being able to have the app intelligently recognize multiple column (like newspapers and magazines) articles, and thereby recognize the text per column instead of recognizing the article strictly from top to bottom disregarding the columns—which products unusable gibberish. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to scan mute-pages in one session by appending successive pages to the initial page scanned. My extra desires aside, however, this TextGrabber version earns my 5-Star rating!
Best ocr I’ve tried on ios. Could be better with:
1: please add more flexibility. Like ios share sheet extension access to send to textgrabber. Ability to take screenshot in iOS 11 and immediately send to textgrabber by clicking on the screenshot thumbnail. Ability to edit straight in textgrabber from where a photo is full screen opened from camera roll eg three little dots within circle ...
2: The latest ipads and phones are quite powerful. Looking forward to the app, hopefully this one, that let’s me upload a OCR pdf and automatically snapshot all the pages into editable text. That will be the holy grail and I’d surely pay for the update or in app purchase.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 6.5
- Size: 93.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- © 2017, ABBYY Production LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Full-text translator$3.99
- Premium languages$0.99