TextGrabber – image to text: capture & translate
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly scans, translates and saves your chosen text or QR-codes from virtually any printed material.
Simply take a picture of the text on 60+ languages or QR-codes and immediately edit, hear it spoken aloud via VoiceOver, translate it into 100+ languages, send your text by SMS or e-mail, or share it quickly on Facebook, Twitter or Evernote.
Translation is available as a separate in-app purchase.
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Mobile Productivity App", "Mobile Image Capture App" and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
“Textgrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must have for students” - appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” - lifehacker.com
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles
• Book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
• Easy and accurate text or QR-codes capture from printed sources, such as books, magazines, ads, timetables, etc.
• Accurate on-device text recognition for 60+ languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English, Chinese, Korean and others
• Instant translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase)
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people
• Fast and convenient sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, email or SMS
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
The application is partially compatible with the iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4 Gen (uploading images from photo album is only available).
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
VIEW DEMO VIDEO on YouTube:
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your comments here. With any questions and suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABBYY TEXTGRABBER IS THE BEST WAY TO DIGITIZE, SAVE AND TRANSLATE ANY PRINTED INFORMATION!
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber . Thank you!
What's New in Version 5.4.6
TextGrabber is now completely compatible with iOS 10! We have fixed some small bugs and added several improvements to make your work with printed texts effortless and effective.
Giving you the best user experience is a priority for us, and your review would be a great encouragement!
Can't read captions over pictures. All the examples are with plain backgrounds. Klunky, with non-intuitive interface.
Either doesn't update the photo library or doesn't show cropped photos. Too much trouble to figure out which.
Nag screen for other apps every time I go for another photo.
One bright point. It translates nicely from English to German once you put text in the text field. I wonder if it works well the other way?
Does the job pretty accurately
Have been using this for a long time now and works well. Not 100% accurate; you still need to proof read and correct, but saves me a lot of time when I have a lot of text.
Works well with clean text.
It's simple, take a picture of text. Use the app to make the text something you can edit. Great for writing papers for taking notes from handwritten text or books.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 04, 2016
- Version: 5.4.6
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- © 2015, ABBYY Production LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Translations into 104 languages$3.99
- Premium languages$0.99