TextGrabber – image to text: OCR & translate photo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly scans, translates and saves your chosen text or QR-codes from virtually any printed material.
Simply take a picture of the text on 60+ languages or QR-codes and immediately edit, hear it spoken aloud via VoiceOver, translate it into 100+ languages, send your text by SMS or e-mail, or share it quickly on Facebook, Twitter or Evernote.
Translation is available as a separate in-app purchase.
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Mobile Productivity App", "Mobile Image Capture App" and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
“Textgrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must have for students” - appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” - lifehacker.com
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles
• Book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
• Easy and accurate text or QR-codes capture from printed sources, such as books, magazines, ads, timetables, etc.
• Accurate on-device text recognition for 60+ languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English, Chinese, Korean and others
• Instant translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase)
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people
• Fast and convenient sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, email or SMS
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
The application is partially compatible with the iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4 Gen (uploading images from photo album is only available).
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
VIEW DEMO VIDEO on YouTube:
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your comments here. With any questions and suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com
ABBYY TEXTGRABBER IS THE BEST WAY TO DIGITIZE, SAVE AND TRANSLATE ANY PRINTED INFORMATION!
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber . Thank you!
What's New in Version 5.5.4
In this release, we've made some improvements to the app, fixing a number of minor bugs along the way, including in VoiceOver.
Please post your thoughts and ideas about TextGrabber on our AppStore page! Your feedback is very useful both to us, the developers, and to other users of the app.
Cool, this app is so amazing! It saves a lot of time from writing a lot of text, instead I can take a snapshot of the text & instantly recognizes the text.
Major bug: it sometimes skips a word in a paragraph. Also it cannot recognize handwriting, but only super fine print.
One thing that I would like for it to do is for it to recognize a handwritten notes. Like for example "cursive writing". The odd thing is it can only recognize fine print but not handwritten letters. Please fix this. Thanks.
Simple and Effective Interface
This app is great and pretty good for my uses cases. A lot of OCR apps l have used are clunky and require a lot of steps, this is not and has become a useful tool when it is needed.
Don't get this app!!!
This app is so useless. The very first text I scanned into the app included very many letters and symbols that were not there making it very hard to read. It was from a text book so it should not have had this many errors!! It was clear text. This app is not worth the 5$!!! DON'T GET IT!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 07, 2017
- Version: 5.5.4
- Size: 135 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- © 2015, ABBYY Production LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Translations into 104 languages$3.99
- Premium languages$0.99