Improve your writing with Textkraft!
Textkraft is a professional writing app.
The magic about it is, that you have all documents for your project in one app, side by side, without additional downloading times accessible. Swipe back and forth or use the well-arranged document overview to access texts, notes, Office documents, PDF files and other drafts you need for your writing process.
Extended offline dictionaries with synonyms and built-in online references help you with spelling, language, expression, grammar, definition and translation. Precise cursor navigation, fast text selection guides and many additional keyboard functions are optimizing the typing work in the text editor.
Extensive import and export features for all important file formats, native support of many cloud services and a complete set of share functions are making this app one-of-a-kind.
• "The best text environment I’ve discovered yet"- technologytell.com
• "The de facto intelligent text processor" - top rating at theiPadtop.com
• "This incredibly feature-rich app goes well above and beyond what’s expected of a mobile word processor" - top rating at TheiPhoneAppReview.com
### THIS TEXTKRAFT APP OFFERS ...
• Monolingual, extended dictionary with synonyms, works offline
• Search in Wikipedia, translate words & look up many special online dictionaries
• The Spell-Aid buttons jump to unknown words; words can be added to the dictionary
• Auto corrections can be disabled
• Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, Evernote & BOX
• Local storage – Textkraft does not force you to use a cloud
• Document overview & favorites
• File sharing with Mac/PC via iTunes
• Delete/rename/create files & folders
• Avoid unauthorized access with passcode lock or Touch ID
• Precise cursor navigation with real keys & scrollbars
• Fast navigation in large documents
• Select a word, sentence or paragraph or extend your selection with just one tap
• Change capitalization with a tap – no cursor navigation required
• Unlimited Undo/Redo
• Insert quotation marks & brackets with a single tap
• Forward delete, tabulator, symbols & special characters
• Place diacritical marks & umlauts with a tap
• Search & replace text
• Supports external keyboards
• Text statistics & Flesch readability index
• Dictate with Siri & navigate with VoiceOver
• 20 font faces, flexible paragraph & line spacing
• Many text and headline styles & colored highlighters
• Enumeration function & interactive check boxes
• Color themes incl. night mode
• Open MS Office documents, PDF, RTF, HTML, images, audio, movies and other formats as working model
• Export plain text, Markdown, PDF or HTML
• Printing & PDF export with screen preview: adjust printing options
• Share documents via e-mail, iMessage, SMS or MMS
• Send files directly to other apps & devices (AirDrop)
• Post to Twitter, Sina & Tencent Weibo
• ANTI-SPY GUARANTEE: Your documents are not evaluated, or made accessible to others
### Only in TEXTKRAFT PROFESSIONAL – not included in this app ...
• Multitasking with Split View & Slide Over
• Optimized for iPad Pro
• Dictionaries in 22 languages
• Extended dictionaries with synonyms for English, Français, Deutsch, Español
• Switch between languages without changing your preferred keyboard layout
• Prediction and correction menu directly in the text
• Words can be learned temporarily
• Spotlight & grep search
• Page margins
• Visible non-breaking spaces
• Key shortcuts
• Publish full featured e-books or save them in iBook
• Use ownCloud & WebDAV as cloud storage
• Copy & move files without loading them!
• Import RTF, RTFD, HTML & EPUB with supported text styles
• Import MS Word DOC & DOCX files as plain text
• Export and share RTF & EPUB
• Compare files & list text changes
• Multilingual text to speech function
• A special font for users with dyslexia
• Share Extension receives text from any app – without opening Textkraft
- Fixes and optimizations for iOS 11
- Better support for all new iPad models
- Reduced app size
- Better performance
- Removed all links and connections to Facebook
- Fixed a problem when styling text with automatic word or paragraph selection
- Several improvements and important bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app has really helped me write German texts. You get the correct spellings and the "umlauts". Very helpful
Only useful if the iOS system language is German
I reviewed this app with a good bit of interest and hope in August 2012, however every problem I described at that time remains unaddressed more than 3 years later. In fact, with the changes in the more recent iOS text facilities, certain aspects are even worse: the suggested words completions are all in the system language (American English, in my case), and every word I write is marked as in error. The app’s knowledge of the orthographic rules of the target language are still nonexistent, so nothing is parsed correctly. I write text in several languages, but this app doesn’t provide useable functionality beyond what the native dictionary support gives me. I can only recommend this if you already use German (or French, for the Textkraft FR version) as your iOS system language. I also bought the EN version, along with FR and DE; EN works correctly, because the document language and the system language are the same.
My original review for the French version follows; everything I wrote about it was (and is) also true of the German app. Unfortunately, my last hopeful sentence in that review has not come to pass; every problem which existed in the initial release is still present. I don’t find this app usable.
—— Original review ——
This editor has some great ideas, but is limited by its imperfect knowledge of the target language's orthographic rules. For instance, the French word "l'orthographe" is marked as incorrect, because the tokenization (and therefore, selection) rules are incapable of separating the leading definite article from the following noun.
Because the parse is incorrect, the list of related concepts and synonyms is also incorrect and inappropriate. (Producing those lists well in the first place is a task that requires a good bit of semantic knowledge. It's a difficult job, and ideally would be done by looking at a context wider than just the current word.)
An external lookup also fails, because the entire mis-parsed token is sent to the external reference site. The French Wictionary, for example, knows only about the noun "orthographe," not about that noun with a prepended definite article.
Conversely, the word "etre," which is incorrect, is not marked as a misspelled word, and is not differentiated from the correctly-spelled "être." The result of this is that neither spell checking, nor external lookup can be fully trusted.
A second problematic area is the app's interaction with the iPad's native text support. That support remains active, but is determined by the system language chosen for the device. In my case, the system language is American English, but I'm trying to produce texts written in French. Word suggestions and text-to-speech pronunciations are both inappropriately tied to American English. (I have the same problem when I try to write German documents using Textkraft German, which I have also purchased.) I don't know if the underlying iOS text facility allows app developers the ability to locally substitute dictionaries and text-to-speech engines for a target language different from the system language, but the result of the current implementation is unfortunate.
I think that the current app is worth our use and our support. It's useful today, and I hope that it may be superb tomorrow.
Ich liebe dieses App. Da es mir hilft viele Wörter wieder in mein Gedächtnis zu rufen, da ich in den USA lebe und viele Wörter "vergessen" habe. Den einzigen Wunsch den ich hätte, wäre das der deutsche Textkraft schneller reagieren würde, speziell das Woerterbuch beim schnelleren tippen, da man dann einfach nur das Wort (Synonym) oder das getippte Wort antippt und dies dann sofort übertragen werden könnte über das Wörterbuch.
Leider klappt das noch nicht, da beim schnelleren tippen das App. aussteigt. Naja, vielleicht ja in der nahen Future.
Ansonsten möchte ich ein ein GROSSES Kompliment an den Support geben der mir sofort eine Antwort zusendete, nach den obig genannten Problem.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.